Good spot ?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ftnahaf, May 31, 2006.

1. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    just asking if anyone thinks saguaro lake ganna come back from all the kills it had - I`m new out here and dont know the lakes that well and if anyone knows of a good spot by boat at night for some decent cats at on rosevelt lake. I know i`m asking alot but a little help fishing these lakes as i live here will help me Thanks

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I am not the Rosey expert but if you look at some of the previous posts there is all kinds of info on Rosey. As for Saguaro not one of my favorite lakes and I havent seen too much info posted on here about it. I am sure someone has some info they will share.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Sorry forgot my manners. Welcome to the BOC. Many, many years of experience and a wealth of info here to take in.

4. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Welcome to AZ and the BOC!

As for Roosevelt on boat, I'm sure there are plenty of other members who would be more than happy to hook you up with some good spots.

For Saguaro, its been hard since all that Golden Algae disaster stuff. I fish Saguaro more than I should because its so close to my house, but I mainly do it from shore. Since the fish kills, I can be out there for hours and only get a couple channels or less. I normally fish in the Butcher Jones Cove, from the fishing pier or near it. All the major catches I've ever heard about are from that cove. I've seen boats out there catfishing right near the fishing pier at the mouth of the two coves with some luck. But basically since the kill, most fishing has been slow.

5. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    mike and antonio thanks for replying . i`ll need some luck on these lakes - I do know alot of lakes in chicago and indiana sence i grew up there . have fun and be safe

6. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Roosey the pre-spawn is on so the dam side is best right now and as far as Saguaro the Butch Jones area is really good for cats at night off the dock with 3 minnows on the bottom, as you go on the Tdock the left side is best and cast your minnows off the corner just a light toss with a sliding sinker rig and size 4 hook or so with the wigglin minnows. Saguaro has monster channels and that spot has been really good at times. White bass can be caught there with meal worm. Use half a miniature marshmellow and a meal worm which will float it off the bottom. The Butcher Jones area is the only area I've had luck at Saguaro I've tried docks near the marina a few times with nothing. I don't fish that lake to much because it's not that productive if you don't get the corner spot at the Tdock. I have not fish it after the algae. I have not fished it but I heard canyon is pretty good and has possible flats.

7. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    terry
    thanks for the info on rosey and i`ve fished saguaro 2 times sence the kills had happened and it seamed dead , before the kills in captains nook we pulled alot of cats out of there and they were 10 to 15lbs . the bait shops dont have much to say about saguaro ether . i think its time for a bartlet run soon
    Thanks
    Ray

8. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Yes, Bartlett is alway a winner!