Good spincast reel...

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Gibbzilla, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I have my fair share of baitcasters and spincasters, but I'm really in need of the best closed-face Spincast reel out there. I have one of them Tiger Shakespeare reels with 20 lb test, and a Zebco 606 with 20 lb test. I was thinking about buying a 808, but I'd like to hear if there are any better out there first. I mostly target channels.

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to post this in the Fishin Reel Review part. :lol:

3. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    the zebco 808 and 888 are both good reels. my brother in law uses both and swears by them.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have a 808 that I have had for over 20 yrs never had a problem with it

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    IMHO they are great reels if I were buying again it's most likely what I'd purchase.:big_smile:

6. purebonewv

purebonewv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    you can buy a shakespeare synergy reel i like them a little better than the zebco 808 mostly cause they are not made of plastic i love mine

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I would also like to know if their are any better out there than the Old Zebco 808 & 888's.Now the ones that lasted my generation were made in the USA and had bushings for bearings instead of being made in China and having ball bearings for bearings like the present ones.I have as yet to understand why the advertisers in their ignorance think that it has to have balls to be a bearing.I guess that is a sell ploy.The shame is that so many novice or inexperienced in the bearing field copy them and show their ignorance when they talk about "bearings,and the lack of bearings".They must never think before they open their mouth.What do they think the rest of the shafts turn on?This shows that advertising does Lie,Bull Manure and Sucker the majority.Well,that is what they pay them for!It is now standard practice to misrepresent a product to sell it and most suck it up with out thinking it through.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

8. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I went out and bought an 888 Pro Staff with a Cat Claw 8' rod and I plan on takin em out to the lake tommorow. I'll tell y'all how the reel holds up.

9. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yeah, tell us how it went, nice to know what you can depend on

10. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I would recommend the zebco 808 or 888.