good snow goose hunt!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by BRIANL, Feb 4, 2008.

1. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well thanks to all that gave info on my last threads.
    we had a good snow goose hunt in south central IL, and the burlap painted green worked pretty good. we killed 7 birds and three were mature snows. and all the shots were between 10 and fifty yards. and with a mix of 1's BB's and T's there were no cripples and all dropped dead. Ill try to add a pic later.:big_smile:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like a fun day ,Glad you got some.

3. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    congrats on a good snow goose hunt , Glad to know that you guys experimented with shot size and had good luck . Is did you just use burlap , or was there more to your setup ? Would like to know for when we get some higher numbers up here and I can get to shootin again

4. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i like to be comfortable so we sprayed the burlab and clothespinned it to the layout blinds and put out 300 silos and 300 homemade rags and 400 shells with blinds in middle of spread. worked good if they started to look they would work.

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    sounds like fun i have been wanted to get into some bird hunting. Just dont know much about it or where to go around here to do any.

6. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i dont know about where you are at but virginia has some good hunting. All I have to say is once you start to waterfowl hunt dont try to stop its addicting. good luck:big_smile:

7. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    congrats on a fun hunt bud im glad u got some good advice that worked and were able to put together a sucessful outing always a bonus to drop a bird and not have to chase it down good shootin

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Glad you had such a good hunt