Good sized cat

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by jlingle, Jan 31, 2009.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Yesterday evening I caught a smaller little female bobcat. I had a set by a deer feeder that I just knew was going to produce, and it went 2 weeks with NO action whatsoever. I pulled it Wednesday and moved it about 20 yards & it connected the 2nd day it was moved. That was about a 15 lb female. Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures of her.

On tonight's check, my 2nd trap held a 28 lb tom. This is one of the biggest and best cats I've caught. He's really thick, has great fur, and some really pretty spots. I'm proud of him. I don't know if I'll be able to sell this one, he's just that pretty. He may end up getting mounted. Here's a couple of pics of him:

Attached Files:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats man! That's an awesome cat!!:cool2:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Beautiful animal for sure.

I didn't think they were that prevalent, but it looks like you have a nice fat population of them.

Congrats!

4. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice winter coat.
    "Congrats"
    That Tom should be great mount.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Once again,Jerrod,congrats. You notice how some have a greyish tint ,and some have a reddish tint? The grey used to be called "blue" these were the ones that brought the most money back in the money days,Course fads change. Let us know how the price breaks down when its time to sell.

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Nice going Jerrod ... You are the man, when it comes to those cats ... Garry-

7. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    real nice bobcat, congrats

8. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    man you have really torn the cats up thats pretty cool,how long does your season last on cats and so fort just wanted to know thanks

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have you settled on a new name yet? Great job on the cats. What a year you've had trapping. Just curious...How much have those cats brought in for you this year?

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    David, the best cat I've caught so far brought $135. The worst was one that I shot & it brought a dollar. This cat won't be sold cheap. He's too good.

11. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I killed one that was about 28 lbs during the muzzle loader season in Missouri this year. He was all spotted up just like your cat. I'm going to have him mounted. Just to pretty to sell.