Good size blues

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Copeland, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Copeland

Copeland New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went out fishing on Percy Priest tonight. Trying for some eating sized channels. I got one good sized fish. It fought like a good sized cat, but when i got it up to the edge of the boat, it was a pretty good sized gar. Wasn't too happy to cut my line, but i sure wasn't reaching into that mouth. lol. Anyways, on the way back to the ramp, my depth finder went from 27, to 18, to 10, to 4 in quick succession, so i throttled down to make sure i didn't hit bottom. when i did, i heard splashes beside me, so I looked over with the spotlight, and saw 60+ shiners swimming dolphin style beside my boat. I checked around to make sure i was going the right way, and just happened to look over and saw a 30+ lb blue take a shiner right by the boat. It was one of the most awesome things i've seen in a long time. Plus, i found a new place to go fishing for cats.:smile2:

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WOW cope thankx for sharing your story with us.By the way welcome to the BOC.You will learn much in here,some of it will be about catfishin.
    smokey

3. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Thanks for sharing. welcome and hope to be seeing ya on here.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    They always say. Find the bait fish and you found the big fish. LOL! Thanx for the story.:wink:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people. Sounds like you had a great time fishing congrats.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the BOC