Good Price?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by TX Fisherman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i found someone who will sell me an abu 5000, and a abu 5500c, both come with rods too.. he said hell sell em to me for $100, he sent me 2 pics and they look to be in good condition

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    All I can say is, they better be in great shape and on real good rods for that price.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Not a bad price if the rods are nice. If memory serves me right those reels would be about $100 for both. I'd have to say if they are all in good condition and on nice rod's, go for it! :big_smile:

4. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Honestly I would just buy them new wait for a good sell at like walmart or academy and get them new. You never know how someone else treats there equipment they make look new but what happens in a few weeks and they crap out on you. Atleast brand new you have a warranty with Abu. Not everyone takes care of ther stuff as good as new. I have found alot of fishing equipment at pond shops cheaper used. You might look there.

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Kevin, I was at WalMart last night and looked at 2 abu garcia combos. One with a 5000 was 59.00, and the 6000 combo was 69.00. Both were very good looking rods. In fact I think I'm going back and grab a 6000. A pretty good price I think and also you can go to the abu website and download rebates for 10.00 on a combo. I think I'd pass on that deal. Good Luck

Sam

6. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah i did some reseacrching my self, e-bay they start off pretty cheap, and ive figured out that it aint such a good deal, thanks for the info guys!