good pliers for skinning cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by SandyCatfish, Nov 8, 2007.

1. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    We had trouble getting the skin off a 4.5 lb cat last week-end. I was told to use good pliers. Now where do you buy good pliers? I am in Tucson....about 150 miles from Cabelas or Bass Pro....does any one have a good/great web site for pliers? I like to shop via the internet lately...lot less hassle. Ty, Sandy

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I got mine at Walmart. They have two models, a cheap pair for about a buck, and a pair that's obviously much better for about $4.00. The cheap pair is totally junk, but the better one does a good job for me, when I do skin a cat. Most of the time I just fillet them.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i agree, i bought the 4$ ones @ wally world, they are real wide & get the job done

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I usualy just use my teeth.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    if i were better with a pc i would show you a web site. but, i just googled "catfish skinners"

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    After buying a pair of the cheapies from Walmart, I don't think I'd ever buy a pair of skinning pliers off the web. I want to feel of them to see how sturdy they are, and I want to make sure the jaws come together perfectly, rather than half-fast. That's the big problem with the cheap model--they don't hold onto the skin well enough, and it's always slipping out. Frustrating!

7. Kevin N

Kevin N New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Cabelas or Bass Pro both have online shoping if you like them i would use there site i have bought from Cabelas on line and was happy with it.....
    I use a knife not to skin the ones i get

Kevin

8. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :crazy: I'd pay to see that!!!! I'd try it, but i don't have enough teeth left to chance them. :smile2:

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Go to memphisnet.net and check these pliers out if you want to get a good pair of skinning pliers. I have a pair of these that I have had for more years than I can remember.
    Commercial Maybrun Pinchers

Price: $8.00
    once you get to the website do a search for skinning pliers and you can take a look at these pliers.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Heres a pair I came across the other day.

Attached Files:

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I'll add to the good rep of the $4.00 Wal-Mart ones. They've done well through over 50 fish this year and haven't broken yet.

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Ozzy, those 'pliers' look more like they'd do a job of eating the catfish rather than just skinning it.