Good Places on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ryang, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok, where are there good places to go that you dont need a boat to get to. Would need enough room for 4 or 6 people to fish. This is mainly for the Ohio but good rivers welcome.

2. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    At almost any dam there's good places to fish mostly on the down stream side like at he R.C. Byrd dam or the Greenup dam on the Ohio side. Both have easy access with plenty of parking. You can also bank fish up or down stream from the many boat ramps on the river, plenty of room and parking.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I gotta agree.I've looked on google earth and found more spots I wanna try. By where were having the get together there are quite a few spots.You can go pretty close to the bridge(not too far up). Look at google earth at the ashland ramp.It looks good all down the left side from it.The Greenup dam is also good.Better on the OH side but lots of fish on both.
    If you're ever down this way,call me and i'll try to meet up with you.You and fishhook!

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    There's a nice spot south of Marietta when I go a couple of times a year. It's a big rock ledge. Caught some nice flatties there.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Actually I mean any Bros/Sis's that are or come down this way,get a hold of me and we'll wet a line!

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    ryang

OK, check your PMs plz. There will be directions & instuctions to my "Honey Hole" if you want Mississippi Cats. If u need more help there u can email me or PM me.

Now go gettum and get some new PB Yellow Cats!

:confident:

7. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished the forkrun area and done really well for flatheads

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Rod I liked Forked run to a point, at least on the Ohio side wasnt that good for me, I was able to get some real good hits and almost caught one but the cliffs that I had to probably haul a fish up stunk LOL.

9. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I boat to the WV side and go down river to the first big bend. THere is a high wall and train tracks above this place. The last time I was there I had 21 hognose suckers and had 18 runs. My biggest that night was 51 pounds.

10. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hello I just joined last night.Me and my freind were out saturday morning bank fishing on the ohio down by the "old" Argosy boat ramp In Lawrenceburg indiana.The channel were biting in a little over 3 hours we caught 5 channel and a small striper on chicken liver.Yeah the cold finally got the best of us.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome to boc. i have been on for about a month..lots of good stuff on this site. congrats on the fish, toooo coool for me:cool2:

12. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for the welcome Jason.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Welcome to the BOC! I have a some family that gambles on the Argosy and anywhere else they can blow their money. Good to hear you catching some fish.

14. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    baitkiller,

you fish in the New Cumberland dam area? I live in Toronto. Been here about 6 months. Can't wait to get out and find some good spots. Maybe I'll bump into you this summer.

Eric

15. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Mr Twister

I fish just north of u.

Chester, WV used to have a weekend Catfish tourney that has some $$$$.

:wink: