Good place around st.joseph to catch bait??

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Darkangler, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Darkangler

Darkangler New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know of a good place I can catch a bunch of bluegill fast to use as bait.:roll_eyes:

2. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    Pony Express has some good shad, quite a few creeks around have good chub counts also.

3. Darkangler

Darkangler New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a good place to catch chubs..Want I really want is a good place to catch some bluegill.

4. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you have access to any small farm ponds? If so I would try a bobber and a Worm there to catch some bluegills. I used to catch quick a few up at the savannah reservoir, behind the dam there is an over flow. It is usually good for a couple dozen anyway. I haven't been up there for a couple years, so it might not be any good anymore. You will just have to go try it out.

5. ljensen

ljensen New Member

State:
    mo
    Check gravel road creek crossing with pond overflows close by they always have green sunfish in them. Like Matt said farm ponds are the fastest way to get them.

6. ljensen

ljensen New Member

State:
    mo
    Built a bait trap out of the library this weekend, this is a great way to reduce stress, and catch alot of bait in a short time. Used shad parts I had in the freezer for bullheads and dogfood in a gatorade bottle full of holes for bluegills.Thanks to the BOC library and the guys who post, :big_smile:this was alot of fun and cheap to build. I used them in a farm pond worked like a charm. Thanks again.

7. Darkangler

Darkangler New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can you post a link to that page so i can read it.

8. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri