GOOD PEOPLE BEWARE of DIRECT T.V.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bobo cat, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bobo cat

bobo cat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Apparently Direct T.V. can make unauthorized withdraws from your checking account. They withdrew $904.00 on Saturday(FYI my pay check was only for 700.00) and 5 days later the issue is still not resolved.I now have 250.00 in over draft fees.I went to the bank today and the bank knew what cable company I was talking about before I was able to tell them!! They told me that the have more issues with Direct T.V. We contacted Direct T.V. multiple times,all they can say the money will be deposited in 24-48 HRS it is now 120 HRS later and guess what they said to me today,It will be another 24-48 hrs!!!!!!:angry::0a9:

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    sorry to hear this and hope everything works out for you

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thanks for the warning! Sorry to hear you got hosed tho. I won't be dealing with them!
    Bill

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    You have to be careful when you sign anything these days. Read everything fully and carefully before you sign anything. A lot of companies are doing that these days. You sign it without knowing and they have permission to withdraw directly out of your account. It don't matter if they have your account number or not. If you sign they got ya.

Also don't just use your initials either. Using your initials is just as good as a signature in a court of law.

Be sure to read fully and carefully before you sign anything.

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Sorry about the problems, I hope everything works out.

There is a lesson in this, though, for all of us. Allowing a company to direct debit a bank account can be convenient, but there is a risk that comes along with it. A safer option, where available, is to have it bill to a credit card. Things can still go wrong, but it gives you another opportunity to contest the charges, and normally shouldn't leave a person in a short term bind. With the bank account they just take your money and can leave you broke and fighting to get your own money back.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    that happened to my brother recently he no longer uses direct deposit any online banking or any other crap like that hope all works out for you

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    sorry to hear that sisster i kinda whent thrue same thing first of the month i orderd parts from colmen to fix a lantern thay sent me the parts i orderd and charged me for them then next day i got another order of the same parts from them and was charged for them got the same parts 5 days in a row and was charged lol it was crazzy thay made it right but what a pain in the but i hope direct tv makes it right soon for you and make them pay the over draft fees to its thear falt not yours good luck

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Online banking is fine as long as you are the one making the payments. I still don't trust anyone enough to give them permission to make withdrawals from my accounts. People are people and mistakes can be made. Sorry for your trouble. A good thing has come from this although it is not much consolation to you right now. At least some of us can read this and prevent it from happening to us.

9. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    have the bank send the draft BACK. they can do that and it will cost you maybe 30 bucks or whatever they charge to do it but at least you'd have your money. Sometimes they will also work with you on fees that resulted from the event, depending on who you bank with...

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Direct TV called me early am one sat morning awhile back.. Some "investigator" for them... They said I had illegal sat chip burning equipment and they were going to sue me for $100K unless I sent it to them...
    Told em I had no clue wth he was talking about, didn't have sat TV system, never had a sat TV and didn't know the first thing about anything he was talking about... The Guy was waaaay over the top jerk.. Called me a liar, thief, and was gonna take everything I had, yadda yadda yadda.

After telling him whatever, see ya in court (in not so nice terms). Wife got on the phone.. He tells her I was lying to her, or she was in on it blah blah blah...

I ended up calling a buddies lawyer.. Lawyer told me to fax a signed paper saying I didn't know a thing about it and then If he called me again, they could talk to him and he would take care of it for FREE and if they kept harrassing me AFTER he spoke to them, we could counter sue. Never heard back from them again....:smile2:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear about your luck,Shannon. I had direct tv for 10 yrs and after one time not being able to get service [I was in traveling const] after setting up my dish ,They had a three way conference call ,Me ,one subscriber net,and another sub net. well after the two yahoos got in an argument over who's customer I was I set both of em straight. I said . I will settle this Boys ,cause if neither of you will claim me ,I'll go to DISH where I dont have to put up with this crap. And I hung up on em.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was getting calls like a madman from Cox Communications. Free this and add this. I kept telling them dont call anymore. They kept calling so I put them on the DO NOT CALL List. I dont care if Im a customer, if I say dont call I mean it. Did the same thing to Sprint. Now no calls from any of them, only a monthly bill like it should be. :wink:

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    We had direct and went with our phone company and have cable dsl and phone all on one bill now...I like it MUCH better that way .

They called us INCESSANTLY even after we dropped them and I hadda wait 3 months after the phone company carried cable cuz we had a year contract with em...Some of our neighbors had 2 year contracts. I was so glad we didn't. I called and told them to drop us and they argued that I hadn't been there a year and I said MAR TO MAR is a year and this is MAY so can it and cut this junk OFF. We never could keep our bill straight with them or anything else. It was not to my liking to say the least. They still call and say please come back and all that and I hang up as SOON as I hear their name. HMPHHHH. No WAY I'd go back with em.

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    We have had problems in the past with an ISP over drafting our account and we found out we could turn it over to the fraud department at the bank and they took care of it for us.Our money was put back into our account right then, no waiting. Direct TV is the pits and lie like a dog, they don't make good on their promises. We are thinking about changing to Dish Network, does anyone know how are they for service?

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yep the bank can take care of it if you go to them