good Okuma reel info, rebuild program is awesome!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Catfish Pursuit, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been using the Okuma CL300L and 302L series reels for a long time and have worn out a few here and there. I finally called Okuma to see if they rebuild them, and the rep said they have a trade in program. You send them your worn out reels, working or not as long as they are complete, and they will send you replacement models that are rebuilt for a whole lot less than the cost of a new reel. I just sent in 6 of the 300 and 302's mixed, two were locked up, and got 6 back for a total cost of $102 which included shipping from California to Missouri. Wasnt sure what to expect but I was shocked when I opened the boxes, they look and feel like brand new reels. They arrived in new boxes and are sealed in plastic like when you buy a new one. So, dont throw away your old Okuma's! You have to call and get a reference number before sending old reels back. Took about 2 weeks turn around but well worth it. Just wanted to pass the info along to others that use Okuma products. Chris

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Chris now that is Great customer service.:big_smile:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    that is a great deal i am a abu man but may give okuma a chance

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    B]Chris thanks for sharing the Okuma rebuild info. This could benefit a lot of people.[/B]

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Thanks for the tip. May check out a new okuma

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    thanks, will have to check that out. hope it works for the spinning reels, too.

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Okuma reels is all I use. Great company for sure, and they are making some good moves next year to better penetrate the Catfish Market.

9. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    I was pricing okuma 300l reels online and then i saw your post, I think i'm sold. Thanks for the info.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I was surfin the web the other night, a tackle store said in the past they wouldn't carry Okuma reels because they didn't feel they were quality reels but they now carry them and had quite a write up. It sold me on them. They are inexpensive, and customer service is top notch. I may be trying one soon if my wife will let me.:embarassed: