Good North East Ohio lakes

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by poptart38247, Mar 8, 2008.

1. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does anyone know of any good lakes in the north east out by Cleveland? The only good lake around here that I know of is Wallace lake. Any help is appreciated. thanks

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I am about 1/2 hour due south of Cleveland. I have never heard of Wallace Lake, but I could give you a list of other lakes. Spencer Lake in Medina County, Findley State Park and the Wellington Reservoirs in Lorain County, and Rohr's Lake in Nove are foru excellent channel catfish lakes. If you are interested in Flathead fishing, go a little farther south to the Muskingham Watershed Conservation District Lkaes. Most are great for channels and flathead fishing. Give me a call and we can do some fishing after the blizzard is over.

Jeff

3. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the list, I was thinking of trying out Spencer lake soon. BTW Wallace lake is in a part of the metroparks, It is in The Mill Stream Run reservation, 16 acres(The lake is 2 flooded stone quarries.), stocked with adult channels annually. Brown Bullheads, Largemouth bass, bluegill, White crappie, and carp also live their but aren't stocked. Its 1 mile south of Bagley road. Deepest point in it is 54 feet. Memorial day - Labor day there is a paddle boat rental and food place open there too. You can take a boat on in But no motors what so ever. And thats all I've got on it.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Mosquito Lake was stocked with Flatheads back in 65/66.

:wink:

5. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well thats a while back, lol. I heard there is good channel fishing there though.

6. bullheadslayer

bullheadslayer New Member

State:
    ohio
    i fish at mogadore there are some big channels in there