Good Non-digital scales?

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by rcneman, Jan 14, 2007.

1. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I've read the 2 posts in this section and it seems all the scales are digital unless i mis-read them.

Are there any non-digital scales available that would handle larger fish?

I ask because i fish in wet weather some and knowin me, i would nuke a set of digital scales the first time out on the water with them. :confused2:

thanks for any input in advance
    robet

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cabela's sells one that will go to 150lb i think my father in law bought one last summer

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I believe Richard is correct.Seems like I have seen Cabela's advertize them.If memory serves me correctly it a big green job and looks real sturdy too!:big_smile:

4. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Bass Pro Shops Sells A 100 Lb. Scale For About $20.00. Bought One Last Year.

5. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    It depends on what you're looking for and what you,re going to do with it. There are several spring models available at Sportsman"s warehouse, Cabela's, etc. These will certainly put you in the ballpark at a reasonable price. However, if you want truly accurate weights or think you might need certified scales, there are soMe fairly expensive but very good scales available from Chatillon (0 to 10 lb, 0 to 100 lb, etc.) that can be certified by the IGFA. You send it in and the IGFA will (for $35) test and certify your scale for a year. I did this because I fish for some record fish and finding certified scales caan be very difficult - many stores nowdays won't let you weigh on their scales or you get there after closing. Good fishing!

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Chatillon--check out eBay. Usually you can get a nice scale (50 pound) for real cheap--sometimes 20 bucks or less. They retail for much higher. They do not wear out or need batteries!

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have lb cabelas, nice set of scales. they seemed to be consistent and as accurate as a spring scale could be.

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    The Cabela's 150 pound spring scale is a great scale. It has an anodized aluminum frame and a stainless steel spring, whick makes it good for any weather. It also has an adjustable calibration screw at the top. The only complaint that I have is that the handle screws came loose on mine once, I tightened them and have never had any more trouble. Vern