Good night

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by johnliester, Jul 22, 2007.

1. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Friday 6 of us went to a small lake near here and just had a great time. We kept 21 channels ranging from 3 lbs up to 10. Threw back a bunch of smaller ones too. What was funny is we started catching them around 2:30 in the afternoon friday. They quit biting around 5, then started back up at dark. My mother who is 72 caught the biggest one. An even 10 pounder!Talk about a tickled lady! Anyway, the cats stopped biting at about 5 am so we headed home. Took a while to clean all those fish but boy will we ever have a big fish fry!!!!If my pics turn out I'll post them later. John:big_smile:

2. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    Sounds like you had fun.:big_smile:

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    21 keepers,thats some good eating.:0a23:

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Holy Cow John, you guys fished from 2:30 Friday afternoon, untill 5am Saturday morning?? You guys are HARDCORE!! :smile2:

I don't think even I could fish that long! :eek:oooh:

5. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Well, it sure beat working. What was sad was that after I got home I couldn't sleep. I've never had an experience like that before. Watched my son have a huge channel break off right at shore.We caught and released a ton of small fish. Even caught a 1 pound blugill on shrimp. Never saw that before either. All fish were caught on shrimp. Nightcrawlers never got a bite, which I thought was strange.... Thinking of going back this next weekend to see if we can repeat it, but won't be surprised if we don't. And yes, So far they're great eating!!!!!:wink:

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    John, way to go, sounds like a real fun time, specially for you Mom, congratulations to her.