Good night on the Yadkin

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by crappie59t, Aug 22, 2009.

1. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Me and 2 of my buddies went fishing on The Yadkin 2nite we were fishing with small bream and caught 2 around 20 lbs 1-8 lbs & 1-5 lbs. we had 2 more get off but caught all of them within 30 min. pics are in my album dont know how to put them on my post

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    those are some nice fish thanks for the report and welcome to the boc

3. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    as randy said........congrats on the good night.........nice healthy looking fish........and of course welcome to the boc!:wink:

4. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nick thanks for sharing your fishing trip and congrats on catching some nice fish.

6. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    I am from Wilkesboro and I have fished on the yadkin my whole life and havent done that good.. Nice fish

7. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    One of the reasons may be I didnt know there were fish that big in the yadkin.. I used helgremites(spelling?) as bait.

8. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    hello andrew.........thats why we fish........to see what kinda monsters are actually out there..........:smile2:..........most rivers and lakes in good ole n.c. will surprise you if you look a little deeper into them..........i know of one that isnt but an average of 5ft deep and catching 30+ pound flatheads is pretty typical...........and i never woulve believed it until i saw it happen..........best night of fishing in several years.............thanks again catfishunter2009!:wink:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  9. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    Very true... When I go back at fall break I might have to go fishing in the yadkin w/ bigger bait so I dont catch 40 bull heads:smile2: and maybe catch something worth catching

10. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    a suggestion for you to try..........if theres that many bull head............:smile2:........you should seriously try fishing with them!...........you might get a surprise!........fishem just like a bream!:wink:

11. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I dont know much about the yadkin in wilkes but i fish from idols dam all the way to high rock and we have caught some flatheads in the past years over 40 lbs

12. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    thats a pretty good weight there nick.......keep us updated on the fishing up there..........we might have to go upthere one weekend and try it out!:0a22:

13. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    I looked that up on google map.. I might also have to give it a try next time im home...

14. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    OK- thanks alot guys

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    KEVIN YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BRUNSWICH

16. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2:......sure am dickie...........the good ole brunswick...............lol