Good night on the Ohio River!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishjohn, May 11, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The flathead bite is on in the Ohio River now. Me and a buddy went Tuesday night and set up bank fishing about 100 yards down river from the Ironton,OH boat ramp. We took a bunch of bluegills,chicken livers,shrimp. Our plan was to try to catch some shad with the cast net when we got there but they were nowhere to be found. Rodney did manage to catch a 6" carp in the cast net. I cut him up and used him for bait. We ended up catching several flatties with my biggest being right at 7lbs(avatar pic). It seemed the only thing we could get them to bite good on was the bluegill heads. I'm going again in the morning to try and catch a bigger one...Wish me Luck,you all know I need it!!!:roll_eyes: :big_smile: :lol:
    All fish were CPR'ed also!

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thanks for the report John, glad you got to get out and do some fishing.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks!!! It felt great to get out again. It felt even better to finally catch a kitty also!:confused2: :big_smile: :lol:

4. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Way to go John!
    The new avatar looks good!!

Tony
    _

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Tony. I don't like it too much but I got tired of the other ones! :big_smile:
    I hope to have a much better avatar by tomorrow evening! We went and dug about 6-8 dozen green worms today and we usually have pretty good luck with them!

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go John, feels good doesn't it? Hope you have some success tonight. Your next avatar needs to be minus the white paper though. lol:roll_eyes: :smile2:

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go John, glad you got one, i dont seem to be able to catch anything over three lbs.:lol:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Tear em up John! And use any paper ya want in your avatar. LOL!

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What the heck was that about, what are you trying to do cause trouble? and at John's expense too! lol All I was referring to was that white paper clashes with his complexion and I think he should use a lite mauve or pink. lmao!:eek:oooh: :big_smile: :lol: :lol:

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go John, glad to hear you're out fishing and glad to hear you're having some luck. Keep it up Bro!!!