Good Night on the Ohio River! :)

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by catfishjohn, May 23, 2009.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me and Mankind decided to pull an all nighter on the Ohio, the bite was hot but the BIG ones eluded us again.:confused2::smile2:

We ended up with a total of 13 cats caught. 12 Flatties and 1 ticked off hungry Channel.:smile2:
    Larry caught 7 total, 6 Flatties & the Channel. He also had 2 really big ones get off before we could net them.:sad2:
    I caught 6 Flatties. We both missed several fish.:embarassed::smile2:
    The cats went from 2lbs to 12.8lbs. Larry had the biggest Flattie of the trip at 12.8lbs. My biggest Flattie was 8lbs.:cool2:
    Those 2 biggest ones were our biggest Flats of '09. Each trip it just gets better.:wink::big_smile::cool2:
    All the cats were caught on live Gills & Gill heads/Gill bodies.

The Channel cat Larry caught was about 2lbs and tried its best to break the rod holder and strip the gears. Never saw a Channel cat hit like that!:eek:oooh::crazy: He hit like a 40# Blue, no joke!!!
    We'll get some pics up sometime today, haven't gotten around to upload them yet. . It was a great night to be out on the water. I can't wait for the next trip...:wink:

2. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sounded like a good night John! I was fishing a tourny last year on the Potomac when a 7 lb channel hit my buddies rod. That cat tried the same thing. He had a 6000 abu screaming! Begging for mercy!:smile2:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    John sounds like you had a nice time.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Congrats on a great night guys! The fish do seem overly aggressive this year, Preston (lookin 4 moby) had a 7 lb flattie hit his gill like a baracuda last night! I could have sworn from the initial slam that it was going to go 20lbs or more!.....WEIRD

5. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations John. You may not have landed any hogs. But, it sure sounds fun. I have'nt been able to tie into much of anything this year yet.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats to ya John on the great trip on the Big Ohio. Hopefully, they will be biting when I make a run to the river soon.. Congrats... rollo

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey John,
    I'm happy to hear that you are still getting out there doing your thing Buddy.
    You know that you are still the man so keep on having a good time on the water.
    ("Good Job") :0a23:
    :wink:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The pics I took didn't turn out very clear, too much moisture on the camera lens.:embarassed::sad2:
    I hope this works, its a link to Mankind's pics from that night.:confused2: Glad we had both cameras.:smile2:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1354

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey John,
    Those are some "Nice Photos" & I want to thank you for sharing them.
    Those photos make me fill like I was on the boat with you guys taking the photos. - lol :0a23:
    :wink:

10. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey, John! Seems like you all had a nice night with alot of action. Glad to see that you had a great time. Take care!!

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats a bunch of fish for one night, good job...Your big one is coming soon.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks all for the comments!!!:wink::cool2:
    That was the third night in a row of fishing. I was totally wore out before we even got started. It was well worth it though.
    The first night I managed a 6.12lb Flattie and a 7lb Blue. The second night wasn't a good one, only managed a 3lb Flattie.
    I think were gonna go back and try for the big ones in a day or two. This old body doesn't heal up as fast as it used to.:sad2:

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and pics John! :cool2: Thanks for sharing! :big_smile:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I forgot the most important part...All fish were released unharmed to fight another day!!!:wink::cool2: They probably had a sore mouth but that was it...:smile2:

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Better a sore mouth than a sore back!:wink:

Glad you got into them!:cool2:

16. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    NICE TRIP!!!THANKS FOR THE REPORT..:wink: