Good night at the golf course.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Capt catfish, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Capt catfish

Capt catfish New Member

State:
    Illinois/Az
    Went to one of the GC ponds in my neighborhood,and had a blast. Netted a dozen channels in a couple hours,with the largest LANDED coming in around 8 lbs. Lost one right off shore that looked to be 12+ when it surfaced.Also was using my Microspin and killing the green sunnies. some of them were around 12 inches long!Its like catching small bass! Since i am a moron,i failed to get decent pics,but i will try tonight. Got to love having 12lb line getting snapped in a small pond....

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Good for you< I need to get out and try that sometime. I know it's a blast done it before years ago. Have fun tonight!!!

3. Capt catfish

Capt catfish New Member

State:
    Illinois/Az
    Thanks! I am sure I will.You can not beat a place that has ZERO pressure on it.I love the peace that I get out there. No one crossing my lines,no small children running a muck..... Only fish I keep from it though are the mortally wounded ones. (cats) The Sunnies on the other had I could catch all day every day and not dent the population one bit.They bite on a BARE HOOK at times...unbelievable Sunny fishing in there.

4. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Sounds like you had a blast. I remember doing something like that when I was younger but at a golf course in Texas. My dad work there and would drop me off at the back 18 where I would walk from pond to pond busting them up left and right. Boy were those the days. Great story and hope you have the same luck your next trip.