Good night at lowfalls

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by boedict, May 19, 2009.

1. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Went to lowfalls lastnight got on the water at 6:45 and caught bait no problem. Started fishing arround 7:30 and it didnt take long.1st fish a 30" 12.5# stripper. No sooner than I got him in the boat line was peeling off my left rod a 13# cat. As the night went ended up with 4 cats biggest 18.9 and the stripper.Not to bad for 2 and a half hours,Left at ten had to work today.Going back tom. night will report.:big_smile::tounge_out:

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Troy. Nice catch of fish. Where and how do you catch bait up there? I was up there working on the river last week, and there were a lot of boats fishing the river.

3. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I go out of lowfalls to the river and go straight across the river and throw at the edge of the weedline. I caught 4 big manhadden shad lastnight about a foot long and just cut em and put em on the hook.I like useing the manhaddens cause they bleed good.1st time catchn a stripper on them. I dont catch a lot of strippers cause I use really big bait so when I do catch one its a nice one.That was my 5th this year and the smallest one was 28". There are alot of strippers moveing in the river if a man was really at catchn theme.Down size your bait turn your clicker tension down and man your rods and youll put em in the boat.Im tryn to break the 60# cat havent done that yet,but spend alot of nights on the river tryn to.

4. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    David I dont know where you will be comming from but comming from orangeburg take 33 through camron and then through lonestar all the way to lowfalls nursery go past the nursery (youll see all the trees and shrubs they are growing and some big pivots) you wiill go down and curve left into the landing.There is a little bait store at the curve. Not hard to find and it has 4 new docks,nice ramps and lots of parking area.

5. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes it is its about a mile from the lake by boat.When you come out of the river you are real close to stump hole.Its shallow in the flats in spots but as far as the river its anywhere from 2 to 25 feet deep you can run it in in a boat no problem.I was fishing 6' of water lastnight,during the day I fish deeper water.

6. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Troy...nice catch there.

7. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ah yeah man, sounds like they're starting to turn on now. Great catch Troy. How bout don't give them all the sore mouth before this weekend. I'm gonna try to get all my camping gear together today and maybe I'll get the chance to run the river a little Thursday evening.

8. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yea david we can do it. I almost didnt go lastnight cause I didnt have anyone to go with. I love to catfish but sometimes its nice to have someone to shoot the bull with. Im going to go tommarrow night if you want to go give me a call 803-664-0116. Dont worry lawrence I left a few.If david dont go tom. maybe ill come up your way and hang out.:tounge_out:

9. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Ok talk to you then.