Good News For Juggers!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, Aug 13, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    In a monumental and historic move, beginning this fall, we will allow jugging in catfish tournaments put on by the Carolinas Catfish Club!

After much discussion about jugging at tonight’s meeting, and because of our growing concern over the jugging community not having an adequate voice, the Carolinas Catfish Club has decided that we want to be a positive voice for juggers in North Carolina.

In addition to other rules, participants will be allowed to choose whether they fish with rod and reel or with jugs. Each team will be limited to ten rod and reels, or ten jugs, and you must decide before the tournament starts which method you will be using.

To our knowledge this is the only tournament of its type anywhere in the country. LakeNormanBlues introduced the motion, and I seconded the motion, and it was passed with a vote of the members present.

Tournament dates, and locations, will be posted shortly.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sweet. the world does unite. thats an awesome step in the catfishing world.

i might even drive down to fish with ya all. ill take the rods though.:wink:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    VERY, VERY, cool deal!!! Looks like a happy medium to me!
    Bill in SC

4. Puddin Head

Puddin Head New Member

State:
    Grenada Lake, Ms
    Great news, This could be the best catfishing club anywere. Let the games begin and respect others.
    I appauld WylieCat and other club members for putting things aside and coming together, this is great.

Respectfully....Gary

5. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    okay now I'm intrested........ but does it have to one or the other? what if it's 5 and 5? is that against the cc new rules?

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yes you can use 5 and 5. But that has to be decided at sign up.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Actually no, you have to choose one or the other.

Rodger and I discussed this and he had a good point that mixing things up gives an advantage to someone that jugs because you could cover water drifting with rod and reel, and also effectively "anchor" in an area with jugs.

Juggers already catch more fish and bigger fish, so we could not give them too much of a head start!! :big_smile:

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sorry I was wrong, I thought we had said that it could be split. MY BAD....

9. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Seems like an unfair advantage for juggers because you can put jugs over a wider area and cover more possibilities for a catch.... Only so much water you can cover at once from a boat....

10. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    come to think of it..... wonder why the rules couldn't just be what nc law states? I'm not familiar how many rods you can have on one boat, but I'm pretty sure 70 jugs is legal. so why don't we just use nc's laws and totally respect both sides?

if juggers can only use 10 jugs isn't that 1/7 of their tackle? maybe we should revamp those rules a little. atleast to make it where it's 50% of the tackle that nc allows. maybe 5 rods and 35 juggs. now we are getting fair to the juggers out there.

or we can call it even by saying there is 20 hooks allowed, anyway you want to present them. that would make it a pretty even playing field.

I would like to present the ccc with this idea since I didn't make the meeting. can someone please pass this along to the ccc for me.

11. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...Seems like an unfair advantage for juggers because you can put jugs over a wider area and cover more possibilities for a catch...."

We will give them that advantage. :big_smile: They should be able to woop the rod and reel guys easily then. :big_smile:

"...so why don't we just use nc's laws and totally respect both sides?..."

The playing field is level. Same number of devices, same time frame, same body of water. :big_smile:

12. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Now Adam, you know it ain't too easy for a fellow to fish with 40 r&r's off of a boat. If it was they'd be doing it already. And you also know that one on one, five on five, or ten on ten is as fair as it gets. Level playing field. The only advantage anybody has is that those r&r dudes on that side of the state might be able to outfish yall. Time to put your money where your mouth is !!

13. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "......And you also know that one on one, five on five, or ten on ten is as fair as it gets. Level playing field. The only advantage anybody has is that those r&r dudes on that side of the state might be able to outfish yall. Time to put your money where your mouth is !!......"

DING DING DING...we have a winner!
    :big_smile:

14. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Perhaps that's why they've got it set up so that juggers compete against juggers, and RR against RR. One method isn't competing against the other.

15. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    already started to bicker about how many jugs, how many rods, drift fishing and such yall gonna be cussin soon mark my words

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    do you ever have anything positive to say :confused2:

17. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Gus, we shut a LOT of mouths up by allowiing jugs in our tournaments. As a matter of fact, if you were standing outside that night, you could hear the jaws drop open and slam shut a few moments later. :smile2:

18. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i wish kansas would open the tournaments to limb liners
    :wink:

19. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    If it is Jugs vs Jugs thats fine but RR vs Jugs it is an unfair advantage for the juggers.

20. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    wylie cat
    where are the rules?