good morning on perry

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by team salmon, Oct 17, 2009.

1. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    Went to perry this a.m. - didn't catch a whole lot but nice fish 2 at about 9lbs each - 1 7lb and two more about 5lbs each - caugh them early - water temp 48 and found them on secondary windy points in 2-4ft of water - starting at 8a.m. and had them all before the wind died down - once the wind died so did the bite - should be some good eatin!! lots of small shad everywhere!

2. phatboyz

phatboyz New Member

State:
    kansas
    wow where did you find 48 degree water temp..most the lake is still at 65 degrees suface temp as of today!

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the upper delaware was 46-48 deg when i was on it yesterday

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The Goon was from 50-45 yesterday.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    The Walnut was 50 the other day and a small lake around here was 53.
    I have a hard time believin there is still some mid 60s water.
    I wish it was though.:wink:

6. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ya, if ya go by the corp report up by the damn they had it listed at 60 something - 48 was the temp - actually 48.2 - and to answear the question of where we were at we had to cut across a flat that was about 1/3 mile and 3 to 5 feet deep - I would say this shawlower water cooled more over night but the shad along with about 2000 seagulls and 1000 pelicans were stacked in the area - we watched the pelicans circle in around schools of shad - it was pretty cool - when we put in and I saw what the temps werer I didn't think we'd do very good but I'd say late fall is alot like early spring - the wind is a key to finding the fish and the quality of fish is much better than during the heat of summer - coldest temps I've ever caught channels out of but I won't be putting my fishing stuff up as soon in the fall anymore and I'll be pulling it out earlier for now on also.