Good month on the lakes

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrollo, Jun 10, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it has been a good month fishing for flats. we have spent alot of time scouting and fishing trying to figure out where to go. i think the rewards are starting to pay off. my buddy has been hitting it hard. catching some nice fish. i go anytime i can. here are some we have caught this month from some local lakes including salt fork, senneca, buckeye which is overlooked ,and dillon . 47, 19,40,20,10,38,15,20,44, and last night banking it at salt fork, just above the dam area another 20, which hit at 9 p.m and didn't get another until 4 am. my buddy caught a 28. long night for 2 runs and two fish. but, we know we are fishing good area. we are suprised how you can fish different lakes, and they are predictable in the same areas. i think we are getting it figured out. kinda sad though, i don't even wanna river fish after lake fishing. you don't catch the numbers, but the size makes it worth it. i will post some pictures for you boys as soon as i get the cord back from the brother-inlaw for the computer.....rollo

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason thanks for sharing your catfish month. That is some nice fish. You should have a big smile on your face.:lol::big_smile:

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Sounds like you have had a real good month! Keep it up and thanks for sharing!

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i forgot to say, for those who don't know me...all were cpr, we kept none of these, and they all went back in great shape.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    sounds like you guys are having a blast so far. thanks for sharing.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im still a river- rat though lol:lol: just doing some relaxing bankfishing for the time being. im sure you will see me back on the muddy muskingum before long!

7. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Your having a good year, keep it up. Now that you mentioned Buckeye I only live 30 mins from there. The recent Ohio Game and Fish mag had it's "where to catch catfish" article and they state that Buckeye's flatheads are making a good recovery from the fish kill of 1995. It said there are fish to 60 lbs. in there, but they are'nt common as they were before the kill. I think I should try it. Do you fish from a boat or do you bank fish there?

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    boat and bank it... we put in and use the boat to go to the areas we want to fish... then setup on the bank, use the boat to place baits, around dark. then setup usually from the bank... however, alot of buckeye is privately owned so boat fishing has been more of a nessessity than liked. the other lakes we like to setup from the bank. you can fish areas like the north end off of route 79, from the bank. i would have to say that your better off bringing the boat and exploring though...:lol: hope this helps some...rollo

9. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    That, my friend, is half the reason I don't fish buckeye. And I live 10 minutes away. I just need a boat. I know lots of people who do good for channels ANYWHERE other than the public access spots. The key for just about any fish in buckeye lies in a boat, or knowing people who live there.

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    flatheads in buckeye lake? i've never actually fished for flatheads in buckeye, everytime i have fished out there i would just bring cutbait and livers. I know the avg. depth is about 5 ft, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to target them if you can find a 10 ft hole. is that floating marsh still out there?

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Wow sound's like your haveing a great month :big_smile: