Good marrage going to hell.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Netmanjack, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brothers and sisters, I am not a man that asks for much. I have always counted on my self to fix problems and personal turmoil. My wife Tammy has ask me for a dissolution after eleven years of marriage. I have seen my marriage through good times and bad. As some of you may remember we went through her battle with cancer and won! I am very sad to say that she is now a different person after the fight. It has been over three years now and Tammy has her health back physically to some extent, but not her mental state. I do not want or deserve this, but that's how it is going down. I need the support of my brothers and sisters to help me get through this, what ever the out come. I ask you this, and believe me when I say, that it is hard for me to ask for help. Please ask God to help me get through this time of trouble and devastation. I truly believe that God brought us together, but if it is His will that we part ways, I will have to accept it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. If ever I needed help it's now. I am a good man. Why do things like this happen?

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jack, you and your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers.

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    prayers from my family to yours.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Don't know if this will help you or not but years ago my husband and I had a good friend who for the most part went thru this.When he told us what was going on it reduced me to tears,as this man was and I suppose still is a devout man of God. I thought to myself if a preacher can't hold a marriage together what does that say for the rest of us. Anyway he agreed to a legal seperation,but wouldn't give her a divorce. He felt that she really needed time to really think things over sorta look before you leap. He agreed to give her her space,and allowed her to rent an apartment in another town.They continued to talk by phone,and if memory serves gave her counceling tapes to listen too.She was going thru the Change of Life and it really affected her emotionally. They finally got back together,but he said it took alot of patience,and prayer on his part. It saddens me when these things happen,and I hope and pray that she will change her mind. Try to be patient with her,and if she'll let you be there for her when and if she has dark days. Walk in peace Brother,and be blessed.Sister Pat:sad2:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jack i'll be praying for both you your wife and the marriage..God Bless

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was just sitting here today, thinking as I often do about why bad things happen to good people. As I prayed, I told the Lord that it was not for us to question. That said, prayer is powerful, and YOU and your family will be in my prayers! Just remember that when one door closes, another will open, and time is the healer of all wounds.

Bill in SC

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Jack, You are in my thoughts and prayers

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack I feel your pain, I went thru it with my first wife, once we found out it was hormones, it was to late.

I sent you a pm about my 2nd marriage.

Bad things always happen to good guys.

Then you see some scumbag who chaeats on his wife, and come home drunk everynight, and she never leaves him...Go figure!

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man' Jack, You sure got that right...........:sad2:

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jack I am sorry to hear that this is happening to you. I am going through the same thing right now. So if you need someone to talk to I am here for ya. Andrew

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I talked to a women at work once about my situation...She was a christain women, and she kinda councelled me.

She told me some men do to much to insure there wifes happiness, and in fact treat them so good, that you actually enable there behavior..

It sure fit my bill at the time.

12. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sorry to hear that Jack. :sad2:

I hope ya'all work things out but,,, time to swing into CYA mode.

She may be sweet, but I'll bet her lawyer is not.

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    In our choice of relations, and change of conditions, we should always be guided by the fear of God, and the laws of God, and act in dependence on the providence of God. Change of condition ought only to be made after careful consideration, and on probable grounds, that it will be to advantage in our spiritual concerns.

Praying for you Bro, Kenny.

14. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Prayers here from Missouri

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    In 33 years i've been married twice to this same woman. There are times we would like to kill each other and just walk away but i guess we care to much about each other to do that. She quit smoking 3 days ago and if i live to tell about this one, i'll live through anything. Prayers for ya Jack and i hope this works out for the best.

16. Ms. Cat'n Around

Ms. Cat'n Around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro, North Carolina
    Jack, May your strength in God bring you peace & patients to get you through this tough time, as he done in the past. I hope your prayers are answered and she realizes how special you are and what brought you two together in the beginning. I think sometimes all of us are guilty of taking for granted what we have in one another and losing site of what's important "each other". May your faith and prayers stay strong and she be reminded of all the memories you have made over the past eleven years and the life you built together.

Our thoughts are with you,
    Tracy & Brent

17. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Jack Prayers sent to you and your wife. Hang in there. If there is anything we can do to help let use know.

18. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Jack, This breaks my heart!! You are a good man with a good heart. Maybe the treatments she took has affected her. I pray that our GOD will clear her mind, heal her heart, and give you the patience to see it through. If this is not in His will, I pray you be given the strength to start again.
    May GOD bless.

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My sympathy is for you Jack. You can't make them live with you, that's illegal.

"She told me some men do to much to insure there wifes happiness, and in fact treat them so good, that you actually enable there behavior.."

This is also a true statement. My wife was having emotional or psychological problems and was seeing a counselor. The counselor suggested she move out as I was enabling her behavior. I did the dishes, mopped, vacuumed, cooked, outside the house work, laundry. The only thing she did was breathe and visit the counselor. I'd like to say it helped her, but after the divorce she has slid further down hill. Maybe I did enable her, maybe I didn't. But I sure don't think a counselor should suggest the wife move out. You can't work through problems if your not together.

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I can't really say anymore than what has already been said, so I'll just keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.Just hang in there and don't give up just yet.Maybe some of the medicine she is on is causing this.