Good man killed today "over here"

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Darrell, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A good soldier (father and husband) was killed today. I wont post his name to protect his family but I can tell you about him. He was a fine NCO and member of the rough riders conducting convoy security. He had 2 months left to go here. The IED blew the Hummer from the road into a field 30 yards away. I worked with him on several occassions. He was excited to be here and did his job like a soldier should........a great man.

Please pray for his family and children, his family will have a very long healing period to go through.

3 other soldiers will have amputated limbs.

This is not to lessen the other mishaps here but this is the first soldier whom I have worked with who has been killed. There is a void in my heart.....

Darrell

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    My prayers go out to his family. Things are going to be pretty rough for them. I've lost a couple of friends over there so I feel your pain buddy but keep on keepin on and keep your head up. You are in our thoughts and prayers as well.

3. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Thoughts and prayers go out for him and his family.

It can not be said enough times, Thank you for your service.

Salute,

Bill
    US Navy Veteran

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    God bless him and his family. There are no greater Americans than you guys and gals over there! Without all of you folks, we are nothing as a nation.
    I will pray for him his family, and all of you.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am truely sorry for the loss of your friend and(ours)!

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I pray for all the Soldiers and Sailers that are in the OP area. While Im glad that I did not have to go Im sort of sad also that I didnt get to go and help.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I am truly sorry for the loss of this good man. I will pray for his family, and friends.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I am very sorry to hear about that!! My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family and all of our brothers and sisters over there!!!!!
    God Bless the USA!!!!!

9. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm very sorry to hear this and am in prayer for the family loss and all of our loss.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I say a prayer daily for all ,past and present,that have served,been injured,or killed.Always include the familys.

:crying:

Its all I can do.

11. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We are very sorry to hear this, watch your six and send our prayers to his family, and know that we support you no matter what.

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Very sorry to hear that a brother has falling. I will pray for his family. I will also thank God for a man like him and the other 3 as it takes a very special person to wear a uniform in todays world. I will also pray for the speedy recovery of the other 3.

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Another brave man has gone to heaven. I will pray for him and his family. God Bless all who are serving and all that are not, just special prayers for those of you who are in harms way. Thank you all for your service.

14. Tnbankfisher

Tnbankfisher New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Darrell, you and your friends and fellow soldiers are the true heros that give the altimate sacrifice to keep us free over here in the USA!! May God's blessings be with you all and your families in these tough times, we will all prevail!!! stay safe and strong!!! lol from the volunteer state; Tommy p.s. what a awsome picture of you in that palace seat!!!

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Darrell, thank all of our brave soldiers for us. We are grateful for your service my friend.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sad news, we will pray for his family. We're thankful for him and all you brave people that are serving our country. God Bless and watch over each of you.

17. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    To fallen soldiers let us sing
    Where no rockets fly nor bullets wing
    Our broken brothers let us bring
    To the Mansions of the Lord
    No more bleeding, no more fight
    No prayers pleading through the night
    Just divine embrace, eternal light
    In the Mansions of the Lord
    Where no mothers cry and no children weep
    We will stand and guard though the angels sleep
    Through the ages safely keep
    The Mansions of the Lord

18. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    ...................AMEN:sad:

19. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My prayers are with all of you.

Thank you.

20. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    It's very hard to hear about a good man being hurt or killed over there. Know that each and everyone of y'all are in my prayers. For the ones who have amputations, God Bless. Al (lawnman61) is a amputee full right leg and I know how hard it is for him. So lots of and prayers coming y'all's way.

God bless.