Good luck charms

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Jun 12, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I just found my lucky fishing hat I bought it years back it suposed to have a picture of acatfish on it but I aint never seen a catfish that looks like that Anyways baseball players wear the same tee shirt underneath there uniforms till they start losing How bout us fisherman anyone wearin the same stinky droors everytime they go fishin or what? Could be a lucky rod.That lucky fishin buddy or whatever

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I got a crawdad crank bait I go to when things get bad. It will always catch something. Usually one of those Green fish!

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Man, you need to smoke a pipe, works for me.......

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I have a ol pen knife that my great grandfather gave me that I keep in my fishing vest. The very day he gave it to me we found an arrowhead in hte feilds next to our house so, I keep that in my tackle box. I think it's lucky anyways..

5. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I carry an old silver dollar with me.I was at wal-mart a couple of year's ago buying tackle and won it out of one of those prize machine at the front of the store.Superstition of course,but a cute jesture.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Damn I know there are more than this. OK here it comes my secret weopon is an old lamiglass pole my grandfathers brother gave him before they both died he never caught nothin on it but me....just guess and your still way off.Ive replaced almost everything on it but the soul is still there I have yet to go on a serious fishing trip without that pole and use it most of the time I guess thats why I catch most of my fish on it but it sure feels lucky

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    My lucky charm would have to be my hat. Ain't nothin' special really, but I don't feel the same without it. Actually I feel kinda naked.... but we won't go there.:crazy:

-Red

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I usually lose my lucky charms so maybe they aint so lucky. 30-06
    bullet from the first deer I killed, it was bulging the skin on the exit side. Didnt pass thru, cant believe it it stayed there like a zit or something.

Had a couple knives Ive found fishing and then lost fishing so hopefully someones getting some use off em.

Got a old flannel that I still have I always seem to wear night fishing, ripped up but still there. Seems to get a new hole or rip every trip but I usually catch fish whem Im wearing it.

9. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    6 ft. berkley lighting rod. i've had this thing for about 12 years

10. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I dont believe in lucky charms.

11. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I have this Really old wire hook from when my grandpa was young he gave it to me and i charash it (spelling) its like from the early 1800s he got it from his dad which got it from his dad and so on. except it skipped a dad and went from granpa to granson.

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    any one remember those old Shimano SPEEDMASTER rods from the 80's Caught a plethora of bass on them till my grandfather ran it over with the Dodge hense the saying "The lord giveth and the lord taketh away":big_smile:

13. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I acrry a black rock that my son gave me .
    Brian