good luck charms or superstitions

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by upncomincatfishking, Jan 30, 2009.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    just wanderin if any of you have certain things you might bring or do at the lake whether for luck or habit. me personally I always dip my net in the body of water i'm fishin and leave the tip layin just in the water and replace it after every use. I make sure I do this before I even unpack my gear. and I don't smoke cigarettes at the lake and I usually dip and always wash my hands off in my bait bucket which I get the water outta the lake before I bait my hook. because I heard somewherw cats don't like the scent of tobacco. I don't drink at the lake no more cause I always seem to miss my bites since I use lightsticks instead of clickers on my baitcasters. well these are the things are wat I do everytime regardless. let me hear some of yours.

2. Vekta

Vekta New Member

State:
    CA
    Well...

After a couple hours I'll find some pebbles and flick them into the water one-by-one. I think it's more habit than anything else.

Besides that, not really.

I have a buffalo nickle that my dad gave me a while ago. That goes with me everywhere though.

3. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We named the boat Abracadabra and I do think a name is a good thing to have for extra added luck on every boat.

4. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    I put all my the terminal tackle out arrange the net,knife,bait and other necessities , set pole holders bait cast and I;m a fishin.pretty much in that order .:smile2:

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    when i get to the water i set everything down take a deep breath and close my eyes and listen to the wildlife and the sounds of the outdoors for a minute then open my eyes back up and say lets do it and commence to haul the cats in.:wink::wink: