Good Luck Big Muddy

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kojak, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I met a friend on here, calls himself Big Muddy. As most of you know He has gone and joined up with that there Navy. All kidding aside Shane is a very cool person, and if you ever have the chance to meet him or have the good fortune to fish with him you should. Shane ships out today I think, and I missed the chance to fish with him one last time before he leaves, schedules couldnt line up. Anyway, just started this to wish you luck ol friend, have fun, say yes sir, and never fear those of us who fish Rend on a regular basis will take care of your lake for you while your gone. You will be missed while you are away.

2. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a20::0a17::0a23:Hope you have a safe and enjoyable time while you are out and about in the world. Hope to catch up with you sometime soon when you get to come home on a break and get some good fishing in while you are home. Good luck and take care of yourself buddy!:wink:

3. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Good luck Shane, hope you find a good fishing hole when you get some leave. Don't worry about your lake, we'll all keep it in good shape!:wink::0a22: Wish i would have gotten a chance to meet you, we'll have to hook up whenever you get to come back for some cattin'! BEST WISHES!!!

4. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Good luck Shane. Thanks for all of your advice. We are going to miss your everyday comments on this site. They are always informative and insightful. Be safe.

5. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    good wishes and God bless you..

6. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I had the good fortune to fish with Shane on the big river back in May. We talked a little about his future plans with the Navy, and I found him to be a really good guy. His posts on here are insightful and good natured. Good luck and thank you for your willingness to serve Shane.

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've had the pleasure of knowing Shane for over a year now and we've fished together a couple of times. Good guy, knowledegable fisherman, and a chick magnet :wink::smile2: Best of luck!!!

8. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Had a good time fishing with Big Muddy last Tuesday evening. We didn't do very good but spending a couple hours with Shane on Rend is always good. I guess he just had his first day in basic training, and wondering what he got himself into, but he is the type who can deal with it. The biggest problem he will have is "Catfishing withdrawl" Good Luck Shane!

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    So is Naval boot down in Texas? I just got back from there and it was hotter than hell. If it is.... I wish you luck and bottles of water.

10. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    we will miss ya buddy,as soon as u get back get a hold of us we will fish with ya anytime,had fun with ya be cool and safe

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane is a great guy which I was Honored to meet and visit with a few times. He is a very knowledgeable fisherman and contribute lots of lake information. He is willing to help anyone at a drop of the hat. He will be missed in this area but hope he will have a computer to check in from time to time. We wish him the best in his new endeavour.

12. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck to Shane. I know what he's going through right now. Boot camp is in Great Lakes which is north of Chicago. It still gets pretty hot up there. I know because I was up there at about the same time of year, but that was almost 10 years ago.

13. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred, Sure agree with you. Shane, how about a post every now and then to let us know you are doing ok. Lots of luck!

14. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Good Luck Shane, Looking forward to hearing from ya again.