Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

good lakes

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  TheFreeStateOfO 
#1 ·
can anybody tell me a good place for shovelhead in or around southeasten ohio

#13 · (Edited)
Tappan, Clendening and Piedmont are basically in my backyard. They all have nice Flatheads but Tappan probably has more Flatheads and the bigger ones average around 40 pounds. A broken truck has really hampered my catfishing this year but the fish are still there. On one of the very few times that I have been able to fish this year, I had a hold of a really nice fish but it got hung up in the brush and broke off. You really can't go wrong with the Muskingum Watershed chain of lakes.

#7 ·
Where in SE Ohio are you. Salt Fork and Seneca are stellar flathead lakes but the real bonanza is the Ohio River. The Muskingum isn't shabby either. Narrow down your geographics and we'll try to save you some gas money lol!

Welcome to the BOC!

#12 ·
Hello, just joined the site. I live in Chauncey. I fish the lakes around and the Hocking river. My biggest Flathead came out of Lake Snowden.

I plan on going to Burr Oak tonight. I have never fished there before. I am thinking about hiking from the dam area and finding a spot. I'm hoping to get away from the small channel cats I have been catching at Dow lake.

Happy July 4th!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.