Good Lakes in SW Ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Addicted2Cats, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    What's everyones favorite lakes in this area? I live near west chester and me and my buddy are tired of having to go to paylakes when we want to fish. We like fishing for flatheads and channels, but don't have much experiance with blues. yet.. Any info is appreciated!

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am not to far from you in Batavia, the main lake I fish is East Fork Lake. There is a high population of large Flatheads and Channels, it is rumored there are Blues as well, but I have yet to catch or see one. Having a boat is best, but even if you don't there are many places to bank fish, and if you hit it pre-spawn, there is a good chance to catch high numbers of flatheads along the banks at night. Hope this helps.

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    ceasar creek near waynesville very good

4. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    Thanks a lot! both of those places are less than an hour drive from my house so im sure i will be there soon :tounge_out:

5. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    Both rocky fork and paint creek are near you...both are great for cats.

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with East Fork, Ceaser's Creek, Pain Creek etc, fished all of them. Since you are in West Chester Miami Whitewater Forest is not to bad, some nice flatheads in there. That is part of the Hamilton County park system.

7. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Caesar's Creek lake is awesome if you have a boat, it's very deep and big, and the coves are full of nice channel cats, and some 40+ flatheads were caught last summer. And if all else fails, you can watch the bald eagles.

Now, if you are fishing from the bank, check out the Ohio River, near the power plants and stream inlets. Take a big pole, we are talking MONSTERS!

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    you also might try cj brown reservoir near springfield a little bit of a drive full of nice channels catfish and walleye also action lake over in heuston woods is descent also rick

9. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ceasars Creek is nice if its not the weekend, then the water loons and the fast boats come out.

I like the limited horsepower lakes, cowan and acton and stonelick.

Maybe thats why I dont catch big fish:big_smile:

10. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio

Dademoss brings up a good point. Caesar's Creek is an unlimited HP lake, so it's pretty crazy to get out durring the day, especially on the weekends. I like to go out at night, 9pm-daylight is your best bet here if ya don't want to get run down by Jet Ski's and Speed Boats.

11. SVTFisherman

SVTFisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio - West Chester
    Hey Addicted,

First I'd like to say I'm an Eagle Scout... from West Chester Troop 940.

I've found the rivers to be better fishing than lakes around here.. I love the great miami.. I've caught numerous ~25lb shovels and many under. I've only ventured out into the ohio once last summer.. but I plan on doing so hopefully one evening every week.

As far as Lakes go.. the only thing I like about Caesars Creek is the white bass run in the fall... it's amazing! Tons of fun in the small inlet creeks.

If you're like me, in West Chester, you've probably scouted out all the little ponds around here and haven't found a ton that are great.. I do know a couple of subdivisions around here that have huge channels that will scream line off a bass rod.

I'm looking for some fishing buddies for this summer, and I have a 14' jon boat with a 25hp motor and set up for night fishing, unfortunately it only fishes two comfortably. I'd say send me a PM but I'm too new here to be able to do so, so email me if you'd like at SVTPT92 at Yahoo if you want to meet up and fish some ponds around here.

Chris