Good hotdog bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by stinkbaitman, Aug 2, 2007.

1. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    made a good bait out of hot dogs the other day. take two hot dogs and cut them into 3/4 inch cunks and puth them in a wide mouth jar just big enough to fit them all in. Now take a different glass and fill it with water. put about 4 or 5 tabelspoons of garlick powder, a little bit of mollases-like a teaspoon,about the same amount of vanilla and strawberry syrup and just a very small bit of anise extract in. now you have to get liquid garlick seasoning in, this is very oily and is key in attracting the fish. now put this in the jar with the hot dogs and shake it up to mix the ingredients and let this soak i the fridge overnight. this should catch cats and mabey carp. i hooked a big one on this stuff and it floats up off the bottom so they can see it better. please let me know how you do with it.:cool2:

2. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will have to try that one day ,but i have used jut plain hotdogs and caught cats.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have experimented with similar recipes. Will have to gives yours a shot one day. Gotta get some more Anise ran out thanks for the recipe...

4. Rodfather23

Rodfather23 New Member

State:
    Ark
    I'm going to give that a try sometime this week.....didn't have any luck with my dip baits tonight.

The only thing that I will probably change is I will add some chicken liver blood and maybe some anise extract.

5. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like a good way to mix it up with hotdogs.

6. holeinthewall

holeinthewall New Member

State:
    mo
  7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i wonder if this will work well with polish sausage? and i it doesnt, you will have somehting to snack on. :smile2: i will give this a try

8. smith11

smith11 New Member

State:
    virginia
    ill give that a try

9. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Not knocking hot dogs but wouldn't it be easier to get some fresh shad.:big_smile:

10. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i agree with you mudkip..i couldnt catch fish on hot dogs if my license depended on it!:wink:

11. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    Sounds like a good recipe I will have to give it a try.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    What kind of hot dogs? Chicken, all beef or mixed?