good guide

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gryan0607, Dec 29, 2009.

1. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    me and foxhound are going to poplar creek in april to do some catfishing.we know how to murder the catfish,but would like to mix it up alittle.i have tried to get on some crappie but i must be doing something wrong.if anybody knows of a good guide for crappie please help me out.

2. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    There is no other fishing than cat fishen and thats with the roundhill thats what i heard anyway:wink:

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Gary, I've been lookin for a good Crappie guide myself so I'll be watching your thread. Where is poplar creek? I'm sure there's several guys on here that know who the good crappie guides are.

4. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    just cattin around my friend wish i could help:big_smile:

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    here guys maybe this will help look at scfishingreport.com then look under guides it has a list of guides on santee for crappie :big_smile:

6. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    scfishingreport.com thats another message board are we aloud to post information regarding this??? Not trying to start anything I was just wanting to know...:confused2:

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Best thing to do is call the landing that you are wanting to visit and ask them for a good crappie guide. I wish i could help but the only person i know that fishes for multy fishes is Capt Brad out of Canal Lakes Resort (or use to be) The only reason i bring him up is because he does the no fish-no pay:big_smile:

8. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    thanks for the advise,didn't mean to muddy the waters:eek:oooh: but a real fisherman is a diversed fisherman,like me:smile2:

9. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    I would recommend Steve English who fishes out of Canal Lakes, he owns the boat storage facility in front of Canal Lakes on highwat 45. I have seen him bring in some nice catches this winter. Hope this helps.

10. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    I'm not sure how far poplar creek is from Hill's, but a good crappie guide in that area is L. C. Wolfe. A friend of mine fishes with him quite a bit & really likes him. 843-753-2044. I'm pretty sure this is the right number, but if not, just send me a pm & I can find out for sure & let u know.
    Mark

11. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    I agree with Steve English. He knows where to find crappie and he really is a good guy. Wer store our boot with him and he has went above and beyond on everything that we have ever asked him to do.