Good games this weekend

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by ChannelCatBen, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I ate my turkey on Thursday, helped clean up the kitchen (because I'm a nice guy), and then sat down on the couch with a remote in one hand and a beer in the other. I don't think I moved until Saturday night after the OU/OSU game.

I don't remember the last time I saw so many great games in one weekend. There were some good old-fashioned beatdowns, but a lot of close games, too.

Which was the best game you saw all weekend? I'm a little biased here, but I loved that Nebraska/Colorado game on Friday. One of the most entertaining finishes I've seen in quite a while.

Georgia vs Ga Tech was a classic, too. I've never rooted for either team, but I was screaming during that game. Baylor vs. Texas Tech should not have been that close. Kansas vs. Mizzou was a crazy game.

Next weekend's games oughtta be even better. Looks like they saved the best for last.

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I liked the OU/OSU. I think OU should be #1. Just my opinion, like to see what everyone else thinks.

3. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think Oklahoma is deserving of the shot at the Big 12 title. I also think Texas is deserving. Tech, too. It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens this afternoon. I don't have a horse in this race, so I won't be upset either way.

Whatever happens, I hope it makes people realize that we need a playoff system in college football. Top 8 teams, regardless of conference.

4. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I agree with that BEN 1000%

5. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    texas should be in the big 12 championship, they beat ttu, and ok. why play they game if the outcome doesnt matter? how can you say ok should go before texas, they played and texas won. i dont see room for debate, it should be the best record especially including head to head play. so if ok plays in the national title and loses do they still get the title, they sure get a chance for it ahead of a 1 lose team that beat them:eek:oooh: i recall last year when people wanted georgia in the national title but they didnt win their conf,(so they shouldnt be there) but based on wins and losses ok didnt even win thier division so why should they get a shot? (because its ok, same reason we keep hearing notre dame isnt a bad team,lmao)

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Not quite accurate.

Okay, the problem here lies in that Texas beat Oklahoma, Texas Tech beat Texas, then Oklahoma mutilated Texas Tech. So therefore there are 3 different teams in the big12 south division with 1 loss each, and they all have a beef. We beat you, you beat them, and they beat us....... confusing huh? That's why the head to head thing doesn't work, is because there's 3 teams involved, not 2. The way the big 12 is set up, theres a list of ways to determine the champion of a division, and Oklahoma ended up winning on the 5th tiebreaker, which is who is ranked highest in the bcs. Sucks, huh?

Okay, now scrap this horrible "popular vote" crap and give us a playoff!!!!!!

7. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    It's like you said Jerrod. OU didn't just beat them they BLEW AWAY everybody

8. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here is the break down, Oklahoma, Texas and Tech each had 1 bad game.

Not lets look at the rest of the season.

OU 61 OSU 41 Texas 28 OSU 24 Tech 56 OSU 20
    OU 49 Baylor 17 Texas 45 Baylor 21 Tech 35 Baylor 28

Texas beat Missouri, who was overranked, as usual.

TT non conference schedule, SMU, Nevada, Eastern Washington, Mass, non ranked.

Texas non conference schedule, Arkansas, Rice, Utep, Florida Atlantic, non ranked.

OU non conference schedule, Cincy, TCU, Washington, Chattanoga.

OU 3rd in the nation in Total yards, 4th in the nation in passing yards, 46th rushing, and 1st in points scored.

If you look at it close, if I were tech, I would be the one that feels like they were being snubbed, they beat Texas.

I love Lee Corso, you can bet he is always wrong. Maybe next year him and Mac Brown can get together early in the season, they should have started earlier.

9. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    except texas, the problem with it is the big 12 didnt have enough since to put in a rule that says if thiers a 3 way tie it goes to the top 2 in the bcs and then to head to head play, the sec and the acc have it, its already been used in the sec and the team with the head to head win played in the sec championship.

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think the Big 12 Championship game should be Texas vs Oklahoma, would love a rematch. I think in the big 12 and SEC, they should do away with the divisions, and rotate everyone thru over the years, then the top 2 teams play it out for the championship. I can just hear the Pac 10 and Big 10 screaming that is unfair, that OU didnt play Texas, and SEC didnt inilalate itself. I bet they would find 2 more teams to join in the fun.

But then again if we had a playoff system we wouldnt have this problem, who knows if we did we might have a Texas Oklahoma play off for the national championship game.

I listen to the idiot Lee Corso, during the OU/OSU game, and he kept saying I dont think OU has the style points, trying to turn a few votes for Texas. How many points constitutes a blow out? I think 61 is a fair number. Here is the way I look at running up the score on a team. If a teams coach cant stop a team from scoring, then just take a towel out to the middle of the field and throw it in and say enough. Sam Bradford only played up until the 1/2 on the first 4 games, I think that is going to come back to haunt him in the Heisman race. How many more yards passing would he have gotten if he had stayed in?