Good food for low, low price - please read

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Nov 10, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I have found and would like to share a ministry for my brothers and sisters. First, this is not in the religous threads because it is for EVERYONE, believers and non. Second, it is not just for those down on their luck, but for anyone and everyone to be able to get good food for a low cost.

Basically, it's $25 for enough food to feed a family of 4 for a week +. It's not cheap quaility either, its all high quality food. They have host sites all over so check out the list and see if there is one near you.

Even if you choose not to take advantage of it, you may know someone who would benefit from this so please, take a moment and check it out.

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menu.asp

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    thats a pretty good deal. Thanks for the info.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info! Reps to ya!:smile2:

4. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    We were doing something similar in our town. The only draw back was that if you online ordered you usually didn't get your food. That was our experience about 1 1/2 years ago anyways, things may have changed. I will say that the stuff was certainly high quality.

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    We are doing this for my inlaws. The food is good quailty and the price can't be beat.

6. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Tony, that is a cool site. I have heard about this before but I had forgotten. Thanks for the tip!

7. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    You could do this for lots of folks...Good program.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Tony, Angel Food Ministries is a great program. My dad has been participating for quite a while. Although I have never bought any of the packages myself, I have seen the deals that he gets and it is definitely worthwhile IMO; especially if you know families who are really struggling to get by. Of course, this ministry is not based on income and is available to anyone. Thanks for providing the info/link for the folks here on the BOC. :smile2:

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My wife, who has been a stay at home mom for over a year has had to start working again. She started off working part time at Goodwill helping with collections. She did that for about 1 month and a half and was recently contacted by a nurse she used to work with. She has now started working part time doing hospice care as well. *(Vanessa, my wife, used to be a Patient Care Tech in orthopedics)*. When the hospice has gotten enough new clients, she will switch to doing it full time. We have been barely scraping by for the past few months which is why she is going back to work. One of the ladies she does home visits for now uses the Angel food and told my wife about it. We are going to start doing it ourselves till we are back in good shape, and maybe even a little while longer to get into really good shape.

I hope that this thread has been able to help some brothers and sisters and be a blessing to their families or friends.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thats a really great deal theres even one here in my home town i think were going to look into it because even at my current wage of 13.00 /hr with fuel prices and all were having it really tough and besides that my yearly income is like 24000 i hate to say but thats lower than the high end of poverty i will also pass this on to others who are less fortunate

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Cathy, must not have been from Angelfood. They don't use generic anything. All of it is the "top brands". If you don't recognize the brand on something, check online and you'll soon learn that it is a top brand from another part of the country.

Richard, glad that you'll be able to get use from the link. Hope its a blessing to you and the people you pass it on to!

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    weve already placed an order and mom is trying to get it set up in our town with a local church group . thanks tony for posting the link for all our extended family

13. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use it too the steak packages and chicken packages for 16 dollars are awsome. You get about double the amount of meat you would if you bought it at a store. I have a freezer full of chicken and steaks from the program. The chicken is usually 10 # box of boneless chicken breast for 16 bucks at the store its 3.99 a pound or about 40.00 plus tax. the steaks are T-bones and Ribeye mostly but they have NY Strip too. and sometimes huge roast. while my Grandmother was alive I bought these packages for her monthly and it would feed her all month. This is truly a blessing and Im sure alot of folks know a family that could use this blessing.

14. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Wanted to bring this post back to the top so that more people can learn about Angel Food Ministries

15. tfabry

tfabry New Member

State:
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Thanks for the info too bad wisconsin doesnt do this

16. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey Tony...A few of my catfishin buddies told me about this website last month and I just went to our local church this past Saturday and picked up our first order. What a great deal and you just cannot beat the price! I thought the quality of food was pretty good and we've had a few of the special meal kits and they were AWESOME. We tried the Chicken Fajita Kit and added some ranch dressing and mmmmm they were VERY good! I also used the "Fiesta Chicken with Lime" and made some scrumptious Sweet and Sour Spaghetti that made your mouth water! I love to cook but sometimes the grocery bills kill us but through Angel Food Ministries, alot of stress has been lifted from our budget! I would highly recommend trying this out to anyone who wants MORE FOR THEIR MONEY and just a plain good deal! Huggzzzzzzzzzzz....~Tracey~

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for shareing yes its a good food:big_smile:

18. okie gal

okie gal New Member

State:
    Okla. City
    I have heard of this ministry when we lived near Siloam Springs AR. The people that I know who have gotten the food have been very pleased. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Okie gal

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I have been very impressed with this, Tony. There can and are a few differences from state to state. Just go on their site and then find the hosts tab to find one in your state and a church near you. What is so awesome about it is that no matter your income, you can utilize this. They don't ask for your income last year, or care who you are to buy it. You can buy as much as you want, as long as you buy the main menu item at least once. Here in TN, the main menu is 28 dollars for anywhere from 60-75 dollars worth of staple groceries, and the additive packages are a dollar more than on the home site. For tax purposes that's how they do it, in TN.

So in essence, you can be the President and purchase as much as you want from them, or like me, need to save $ and utilize it for yourself and your aging relatives. I sure wish I had known about this when it first started, years ago. I believe it was 11 years ago, after a major storm along the coasts. The lady that is in charge of this at the church I go to, said that they tried to hand it out for free after the major storm (perhaps Hugo?) and people were so proud they wouldn't take it, so they had to start charging for it.

The steaks were Angus beef last month and I could have gummed them, as they fell apart, once they were cooked. Mother even loved them, WITHOUT cooking them more. (she usually cooks hers more and tenderizes it) Great NY strips and T-bones! (8 of them for 19 bucks) The chicken is good, too. This month I picked up ribeyes and T-bones for 19 bucks. The hamburgers are very good, too.

Thanks again, Tony,
    Cheryl

P.S. Sometimes they substitute items, but they are comparable to what was on the menu, originally.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bumped back to the top! (Wonder if we can get it to be a sticky and stay?)

Tony,
    This is still a phenomenal deal, even though the additional meats went up to 20 dollars in TN. Heck, that's cheaper than the grocery store!

Thanks for this information you shared with us, last year.
    Take care,
    Cheryl

Anyone who is not familiar with this wonderful program should check it out, immediately, to save money on groceries. With the holidays coming, not to mention just the way everything keeps increasing, you will be pleasantly surprised at this program.

Take care.
    Cheryl