Good flathead catfish spot in or around Columbus, Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Davidsed505, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Davidsed505

Davidsed505 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey all,
    Just moved to Columbus Ohio, and was looking for a decent flathead spot somewhere close. Have tried the Scioto above Greenlawn Dam 3 times this year to no avail.

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well welcome to the BOC and i am sure sombody will turn you on to some flatties over there. But you may go out and try Hoover res. or go east over to the Muskingham river or Licking river

3. Davidsed505

Davidsed505 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thank you. Haven't been to Hoover yet. I had read up on it at the dnr, but they didn't mention flatheads. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    First off, welcome to the BOC.

You need to go south on the Scioto. Below Downtown, then you can fisd some flatties. I fish it around 762 and 316 alot. Got a nice 29# 2 years ago from it. I believe the farther south you go on it the bigger they get.

5. Davidsed505

Davidsed505 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks. I'm boatless, so I hope there are some good bank spots. Has to be somewhere between here and Circleville.

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    There are pleanty of Bank Spots, that is how I fish. I live in Ashville, just east of the Scioto at 316 bridge.

7. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am off the scioto river as well...just need to get out there with a few of you folks that know what to do out there....I am competent technique wise as I have been fishing aggressively since I could walk..literally,,,,but don't know diddly doo doo about bait and presentation and spots to fish etc. for scioto. What I ave been doing on water around here is just taking livers, worms, shrimp, blood shrimp (i grind up my old chicken livers and marinate the shelled shrimp in them, almost lost a rod last night on it), shad and bluegill etc. Seems spot location is key. If someone like....I don't know....Tea would take me lol...just joking man. Anyway you guys this forum is the best thing since sliced bread and I can't wait to get after it with a few of you local yocals. Take care guys

Ben

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ben we can go brother, one night soon. Have to check my work scheadule this week. Will let ya know.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anytime Ben, I will take you out, I am in chillicothe.

10. cashcobra

cashcobra New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like some good places to go I might just head to some of those spots myself.