GOOD Fishing...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, a pretty good night....

The flattie spawn apparently isn't quite here up north. Fullstringer & I had a pretty good day yesterday. We only caught 2 flats but had a lot of action on cut & live bait. We had six other hook-ups...three were really nice fish but we lost them. We also had several other hits.

The 2 we caught were just under 6 lbs and the other about 6.5 lbs. Both were females.

Fullstringer JUST called me from the river & he just landed a 20 pounder after landing a 13 pounder. Again, both females. I wonder if the boys are busy making their love shacks and the girls are just killin' time until its "TIME"?

Water temp was 74.

2. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Sounds like you're doin' good! Yep, I bet the guys are sprucing up the nursery.

3. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Actually Matt I told you wrong the 13.5 pounder was a female and the 20.5 was a male. The guy I took fishing with me caught the bigger one and it was his first flat ever I will post some pics real soon for you guys to see them these fish were both caught on live bluegill in 6 to 10 foot of water.

4. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job guys, congrats

5. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    So here are the pics I promised! I think they were worth wading to the middle of the river and sitting on a sandbar through a storm for. Although we were soaked it was a great night I just wish we could have stayed till morning. I think we would have caught several more. We had to call it a night at 12:30.

Attached Files:

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    it almost looks like the bigger could eat the smaller

7. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    good luck on the seasion

8. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Another good night on the Wabash last night I met up with Fishgeek down on the Wabash, and I caught a 25lb Flatty. We tagged her and released her. She was still full of eggs so spawn is still to come up this way.I atached some pics of her.

Attached Files:

9. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrads on the flattie's

10. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Nice catch!! Keep us posted on your progress.

11. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I live in Wabash county, were you by any chance in this county? I usually fish the Lagro area but not having much luck,but in ponds, this year.

12. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish Lagro a lot just try fishing around wood, deeper water, or big eddies that's where I catch most of my Flatheads. I also use live bluegill for bait they almost always take live bait over cutbait. These fish came from downstream closer to Wabash.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Andy, what did you mean you "tagged" and released her?

14. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    nice flatties congrats

15. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fishgeek and I have been studying the Flatheads on the Wabash River for the summer and any we catch we are recording information about them PIT tagging them and releasing them.