Good fishing waters up north?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Welk49, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Welk49

Welk49 New Member

State:
    Northern Indiana
    Curious if anyone knows of any good fishing waters up north? I live near South Bend, and usually fish the St Joe River, but there aint much action on it. Was out last weekend, early morning, afternoon, night and nothing. Gonna try again this weekend, but getting tired of not catching any good size cats.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sorry brother,i dont travel any farther than warsaw. you can drop a line to the local dnr and ask them whats to be had as far as cats.

good luck

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Get a county map from the court house and drive around to the creeks or rivers and try different spots. I have found some great fishing this way . You might try asking at local bait shops.

4. Welk49

Welk49 New Member

State:
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks, I have talked to some local bait shops and they are all wondering why I am fishing for cats. Most people up here are big on walleye, and steelhead, and nothing else matters. Been thinking about going down south to hit the Wabash, around the Peru area.

5. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try Eagle Creek in Warsaw.

6. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am from warsaw and all of the creeks and Tippy river in warsaw are good for channel cat fishing. Just put on your waders and fish with some gill heads along the bends, and deep water. I also hear that there are some good flathead fishing spots on the St. Joe close to Berrien Springs. Picture of a 65# caught there at Ye Olde Tackle bait shop in North Webster. I travel south to the Wabash River and Flathead fish down there.

7. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am from warsaw and all of the creeks and Tippy river in warsaw are good for channel cat fishing. Just put on your waders and fish with some gill heads along the bends, and deep water. I also hear that there are some good flathead fishing spots on the St. Joe close to Berrien Springs. Picture of a 65# caught there at Ye Olde Tackle bait shop in North Webster. I travel south to the Wabash River and Flathead fish down there.