Good Fishing On The Mighty Ohio River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Nov 3, 2007.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I went out solo today and went up river to the LG&E Powre plant. Anchored off and caught 4 nice blues in the 1st hour. YEAH!!! :0010: Fished on the IN side using shad in about 20 ft of water. First was a nice 1 1/2 lb'er, then the games began. Within 15 minutes, landed a 11 lb, 5 lb, and 6 lb. all by myself. I was getting one fish in with the other pole being hit. OMG, this was great. OK, I know you guys are probably thinking, so what, we do this all of the time, but this was a maiden voyage for me...caught and released, had to forgo the picture part.....nobody to take the pic. Needless to say, I am on a natural fishy high!!! :0a22:
    Linda

BE SAFE

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Congratulations on a fine day on the river. Best part was going solo!!!

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice catch linda im going on sun hope i do as well .

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Congrats Linda !!!! I have gotten alot of enjoyment and river info. from your posts. It is nice to see our sisters with tight lines !!!!:big_smile: As for me I got skunked on the Salt today. I did'nt even get one tug today.

5. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Linda,
    Sounds like you had a great day on the river. Those are the kind of days we would love to have on a regular basis. Bet you had a great time.. rspd507

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    No body else appreciates my passion for the Ohio and for fishing like you all do. We had a dinner tonight at the American legion, all I could do was talk about my fishing trip, the ladies think I'm nuts and tell me I'm crazy to go out by myself. I'm careful, know the boat and am learning how to fix quirky things that can go wrong. I just tell them driving Dixie Hwy is scarier than being out in the boat. Plus where else can you find nature like this. Deer tracks on the beach right in front of my house...big tracks=big deer. Group of 3 ducks who stayed right by me when I was drifting, not scared at all. Leaves changing colors. LOVE IT!! (As if you couldn't guess)
    For those who go tomorrow, good luck and bring in a big un.

Linda

BE SAFE

7. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    congrats linda, we started to goup that way but my friends boat had issues. so we went to cannelton dam. no luck 1 small blue about a lb and some skips. oh well it sure beats working.