Good fishing around southwest indianapolis?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ColtsFan317, Jul 6, 2009.

1. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Any good spots around the decatur moorseville area?

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    You could always try the IPL dam on S.R.67 just north of martinsville, Then there is the Henderson Ford Bridge just off of S.R. 37 north of martinsville. There is White Lick creek for channels and smaller flats, or if your like me the smallies. As far lakes and other places i'm pretty sure WhiteriverBigcats will be around to point ya in the right direction. There are quite a few members around this area.

By the way Welcome to the BOC.

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    welcome to the boc otis

4. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Thanks. Are those pretty good spots from the bank or would i need a boat? And if any one from the area is ever in need of a fishing buddy i live right off kentucky ave. and ready to go when ever.

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    they have public access so you can do either fish from bank or put boat in and fish from boat

6. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    The spots i mentioned are all bank fishing spots. The Henderson Ford spot is a ramp but has plenty of open bank around it. Do you live inside 465 or south of it. I get off on the kentucy exit everday on my way home. If you want we could try and meet up for a day of fishing one weekend. Just send me a PM.

7. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    im a couple miles south of 465 i live right off kentucky ave and high school road. Im a couple post away from sending pm's but that sounds good. I got a full time job and im a student at kaplan(class every night except friday) so usually the only days i could fish are friday and weekends.

8. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I understand that. I work third shiftand am actually at work now. Any day you get off or weekend you want to go let me know.

9. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Im down to go this weekend or friday even i fish every chance i get. Gotta baby on the way so i want to get all my fishin over with before she gets here lol but if your going ne time this weekend let me know i wouldnt mind finding a new place to fish.

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I could show you a few spots.. Im in the Camby, Mooresville area myself.... there are a few promiseing areas within driving and bank fishing locations.....
    By the way welcome to the BOC

11. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    Right on man any time your in need of a fishing buddy im right down the street from camby id like to find some spots the ponds i usually fish arnt producing much of any thing

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  13. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    lets go lol i just met shane he caught him a big ass flathead i was there five hours didnt get a thing he showed up and in a half hour had a huge flathead

14. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sweet im all for it maybe i'll go tomm.