good fish over the last couple of days.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by foodsaver, Nov 22, 2007.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Today was a pretty good day fishing. We put the boat in and pulled up to the first spot on the edge of an underwater island and didn't have much luck. we decided since there were two of us we would try and drift over some fish we had marked on the depthfinder. that was a good idea. I had rigged up one of my bass rods with 12 lb test with an EricM super secret rig and the drag went to screaming FISH ON! I wrestled the rod out of the holder and fought the fish for about 10 or 15 minutes got it up and brought it to the net and it turned out to be a 31 lber. I thought that was a nice start to the day and while I was fighting that fish my dad caught a 5 lber on the heaviest rod I own . After hooking those two we anchored and caught 7 or 8 fish. The biggest of those was 24 lbs and they kind of stepped down to about 10. I think 3 were right over 20 lbs. I had trouble getting the weights it seemed like as soon as we got one fish in another was on. We ended the day similar to how we started with a 17 lber on the bass rod. The only fish I got a picture of is the 17 lber my dad caught. It seems he didnt realize you had to save the picture after you took it with the cell phone camera.

The day before we caught a 24 lber further up river. Its been a good couple of days fishing with my dad.

Attached Files:

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Those are some really nice, solid fish. Congrats on a good day on the water.

3. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah those are nice cats. whatkind of hooks are you using and what rig and bait?

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    good lookin fish, i see the pic was infront of a dam, how deep were the fish?

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Ah hah, didn't I see that picture somewhere else today with the background blanked out.LOL I promise I won't tell, I will just ask do they know it.LOL Heck I still don't know where its at. Seriously Craig, that is a pretty fish and I know it was great to be out there with your dad. Congratulations buddy, on some good fishin.

6. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Ain't nothing like a day fishin with yer dad, i wish I cud get my dad ta go with me but he has back problems and he cannot sit still fer the time ta fish,
    But I remember the days when we did fish together,....seems like yesterday.....I envy ya..............great fishin report also...........

7. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was using skipjacks for bait and I use the big 8/0 gami circle hooks with 3 oz sinkers on what is basically a carolina rig. I don't really like the rig I use very much sometimes it seems like the bait gets tangled up around the sinker. I think that comes from having bait that is heavier than the sinker which brings me to my next point, I also use really big chunks of bait I get about 5 or 6 baits from an 18 to 20 inch skipjack.

Also all fish were caught between 45 and 60 ft with the largest coming from 55 ft.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks for the report Craig! Nice pic of your Dad with his Cat! :cool2:

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Craig thats a very nice catfish your dad caught, congrats.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad that you & your dad had a good time! Thanks for sharin' :big_smile:

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein. Sounds like you and dad had a great time.