good fish finder?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by betscam, Nov 29, 2006.

1. betscam

betscam New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what's the best fish finder out there?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Man, are you trying to start a bloodbath, or what? hehe That's all a matter of opinion, and opinions is what we got plenty of on this forum. :smile2:
    I suggest you go here: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=327 and read what others have to say, then go to the manufacturers websites and review their info. That way, you will be able to make a 'semi'-informed decision.
    Seriously, Lowrance and Humminbird are by far the most common in use, but there are so many models and features that it can be very difficult to decide. One suggestion: go for the biggest screen size, most pixels (read: resolution), and the most output power you can afford. GPS is an extra-valuable function, too.
    :0a26:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The one you can afford and use properly.

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    im in the same boat as "betscam", one without fish finder!!!
    I want one that is simple to use, accurate at depths up to 80ft, and not to explensive. It would be nice to have one that could show bait fish too but dont know if i could afford one

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    There are some low-buck units out there that will do what you guys want, for ~$100, but most of them have pretty small screens and low resolution. For about $150, you can get an Eagle fishmark 320 that has a fairly large screen and 320 pixel resolution that will do pretty well. For a little more the Eagle fishmark 480 can be had. With 480 pixel resolution, it will do a little better at showing detail.:smile2:

6. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    try the eagle cuda 168. it costs about 85 bucks. i fish from a kayak so i power it with a $12 deer feeder battery. it works great,good gray line and zoom.
    matt