good fight

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by indiana_fishin, Oct 5, 2005.

1. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    lately when fishin i throw out my large rod in the end of the channel where the water starts 2 deepen 4 cats,and my ultralight 2 the shallow side 4 carp.It sure is fun pullin in a decent carp on an ultralight,ne 1 else try it?

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I like to take young kids and get them on a big ol carp easy to get them to bite and man the kids think they have a whale. I find its a good way to get kids interested in fishing and a heck of alot of fun watching them fight that big ole carp.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    carp rule on ultralights, kids on the back are a + 2.

4. DrummerCat

DrummerCat New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yep, I go carping with my ultra-lights. Using 4 pound test it can take awhile to get those suckers to the bank. It sure is a lot of fun and it's great practice.

5. 30pounder

30pounder New Member

i caught a 6 foot 7inch carp on an ultra light and it took 3 hours to bring in on 6 pound test

6. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    6 foot,WHAT!?What wuz it a monster grass carp?

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    6 foot carp seems awfull big, what did this thing weigh and what kind of bait were you using?

chris

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    6 foot carp seems awfull big, I found a picture of carp in Thailand that was 200 some odd pounds but it was only 4 or 5 feet long. what did this thing weigh?

9. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Does any carp, even grass carp get that big? I hope you got pictures of that one and a good certified weight. I would probably be a record in any state.
    Me thinks maybe 6 pound 7 oz would be closer.