good evening

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by STALLIONDUCK, Aug 7, 2008.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    last night i went fishing at the farm pond i always fish and i was tryin for some monster channel cats but i only caught some monster bass and and a crappie and a bluegill lol but i had my 808 catfish outfit rigged with a 3 ounce weight and a 2 foot leader and 4 inche bluegill well i threw that one out and i was rigging up my other pole with a crappie thunder lure and all of a sudden i heard a splash. and all i could think was "this cant be good" but luckily the fish decided to charge towards the bank so it didnt take my pole, so i got up walked over to my pole picked it up and reeled in as much slack as i could well this fish had my pole bent over as far as a 10 pound flathead would have it well i pulled up to get to the surface so i could see it and all of a sudden this 6.5 pound bass jumps out of the water and then all i could think was "great mother of ganja" lol so i got him pulled in and like i said he weighed 6.5 pounds i couldnt get a measurment on him tho. but later i was using a chartruse twin tail grub with a glow in the dark red hook jig head and caught a lot of bass none under 2.5 pounds and this crappie which weighed just under 2 pounds and i was fishing for bait and caught this nice handsized bluegill. the pics are the biggest bass, the crappie and the bluegill.

Attached Files:

• bass.jpg
      bass.jpg
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:
    • hjf.jpg
      hjf.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • fbm.jpg
      fbm.jpg
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
  2. bassprofisher

bassprofisher New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey nice fish i caught one in a pond to that weighed 6 pounds and around 23 in long it was a fun fight :smile2:

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    real nice fish you caught after seeing the pictures its making me want to hit a few of the farm ponds locally