Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Good end to the month of July, 2022

970 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  truckgrandpa 
#1 ·
My son-in-law wanted to go fishing before he heads to Florida.
(Daughter and her kids are already there, Pensacola).
I had lines wet at 1030. He got here about an hour later.

It rained a bit, so he left.

About 20 minutes later, thy started biting.
I think it was Neil who told me,"...if there are any catfish in the neighborhood, they'll come after CJ's Monster Punch bait.
Today proved him right. Caught 3 inside an hour. All on Monster. Then a couple hours later, caught a small one on a nightcrawler.
The three onMonster weren't real big, but about average for Lake Overholser.

Ruler Tape measure Office ruler Grass Fish
Shark Fish Fin Carcharhiniformes Requiem shark
Wood Grass Lawn Groundcover Metal

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Imma try some punch bait tomorrow night. And some shrimp along with my ol faithful chicken thighs.
I had my usual nightcrawlers (caught some small sunfish, a small drum and an even smaller fish that I think was a white bass. One thin black line down its sides), chicken "tenderloin" (whatever that is) and put one small bluegill out alive.
The only thing I got hooked up on was the CJs Monster, and nightcrawlers.

Also, instead of catching everything on my dag blasted Lew's, I did catch the cats on one of my Quantum reels.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I have, I think, 5 different "flavors" of CJs and one other brand. Monster, shad, minnow, nightcrawler and I can't remember the others.
The only one that has produced for me was the Monster.
Sorry, Neil. The post was late last Summer and I barely remember what I did last week.
Anyways, whoever it was, THANKS. I've caught 4 channels with it so far.
Seems that they do come to lunch when Monster is in the area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.