good drifting rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by twincatfis, Jan 5, 2010.

1. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    my partner and i are going try so drfiting next season and i would like to know what you guys use i would like to try and get a good combo for 100 or less thanks

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I like Catfish Safari rods but they do not seem to make them any more.

4. Jerry Cline

Jerry Cline New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Try the Tangling With Catfish Rods. Better than the Catfishsafari Rods and I liked them alot

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Flexable soft tipped rods with strong lower sections 7-8'

6. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    What lake do you drift on?Im in Council Bluffs IOwa!!lol..Your pretty close to here

7. Camo Fish

Camo Fish New Member

State:
    United States
    Jeremy Leach's Tangling With Catfish Rod's are without a doubt the best all around Catfish Rod's I've used. They have the length for distance casting, heavy enough to handle 10+oz sinkers anchored up, sensitive and not too heavy to hold for bumping, dragging or drifting. Most of all, they perform well in a rod holder so when that big cat 'loads it up' you know that circle/kahle hook is gonna' bury in the right place. With all quality stainless guides you also will get a long life out of your rod.

8. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I do agree with Camo.

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

I throw-ed the same question across the nation to the best guys I know, and almost all of them mention the above. pretty much jigging rod blanks, but not all together let me tell ya! . Going back over the info after receiving more info I decided to come back here, so- (recommended for the use of circle hooks )

Let me explain myself a little better,When I say flexible/soft tip it ='s at lease 1/3rd of the top section( MFast) of the rod should be firm yet sensitive enough so you while holding the rod you should be able to detect the lightest bump, better than that you should be able to tell if your lead is slapping/sliding across rock, tree trunk or just a soft bottom. (live bait or swim bait castablity)that can handle at lease 5oz and up to 10-16 just in case you want to park and hold big baits on bottom or over structure. Its best to get a set of rods, one for the lighter weights and one for the heavier etc...

Strong Lower section(MH-XH Power)allowing you to have all the lifting power to pull the fish out of trees or just stop/turn him on a full run when at a depth of 100+foot.EGlass- Graphite and EGlass blended rods are highly recommended by rod builders/fishermen across the coasts. When I say this I mean some of the best rod builders in the world(that fish's with what they build and sell) A few of these guys have been building rods since most of us were bouncing on papas knee,and trust me they know whats going on..and what it takes to get the job done.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  10. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Very, very, very, well put. I couldn't explained it any better. Great decription of what is needed in a drifting rod.

11. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    thanks for the help guys i think im going to go with the twc rod teamed with the bronze cat i have heard many many good things about these rods so i might as week give them a try:)
    and catfishboy 1995 im in lincoln about an hour away i fish branched oak out by malcome we are going to be drifting alot more this year i also am going to start to fish the missouri river alot this seaason this year out by nebraska city if your up for it i might drive up there some time this summer and we can fish in your waters let me know what you think

12. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I am looking forward to your order and please let me know if you have any questions.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

You are going to love your Tangling With Catfish rods! Best overall catfish rod out there and you will not find better quality for the price.