good deal

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by fishstick, Jul 11, 2009.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i had a friend at work who got himself into financial trouble and had a couple of guns in a pawn shop that he was about to lose. he had bought the guns with his income tax money in feburary. i told him that i would get the guns out and give him 2 months to pay me for them if he wanted them back. one is a remington 770 rifle in 7mm magnum with 3x9 scope. the other was a S&W 40 cal pistol. i paid $480 to get them out. if he wants them back i will take the $480 with no interest since he is a friend. if he dont get them in 2 months then i got a good deal on 2 nice guns.

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Sounds like this deal will work out for you either way Billy, get your money back or get 2 guns for less than the price of one.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good friends are hard to fine. Either way it would be a good will deal.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i know that the remington 770 aint much of a gun but the smith 40 was worth the 480 to me. i've got a glock22 in 40 cal that i love.

5. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've read some good accuracy reports on the 770. It's just not a gun for anyone who appreciates the Remington 700, Winchester M70, etc. It's a gun designed for quick production and for people who shoot 6 times a year...5 shots to make sure it's still on, one shot for the yearly deer.

What you do is, sell the 770 for a couple hundred, subtract that money from the $480 you paid (for the Smith, lol) and then you got a REALLY good deal on that Smith. :wink:

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    yea, i'm hoping maybe to trade it for a smaller caliber rifle. or maybe another a pistol. i've owned a ruger m77 in 7 mag. i dont like that much recoil. i dont deer hunt anymore so i've got no use for a rifle. just helping out a friend.