Good deal on rods!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Pennspin, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Pennspin

Pennspin New Member

State:
    Alexander City Al.
    I went shopping yesterday at the Academy in Auburn, Al. I picked up a couple of small fishing items and I decided to look at the rods while I was there. I found two of the Med/Hy spinning Shakespeare Catfish Ugly Stiks on clearance sale for $9.88 each.(Reg:$34.99) I scooped them up to add to my collection. I know they are not the high dollar rods alot of people use but I have a couple of them that I have gotten good sevice from over the years and you never know when you might need another rod on short notice. Alot of the time when Academy puts something on sale in one store they usually do at others too. So you may want to look at other stores if interested.:big_smile:

2. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    that sounds like a hell of a deal. i use my uglies all the time. i love em

3. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    thanks for the tip i will keep my eyes peeled

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i would have got them myself for that

5. festus

festus New Member

Hey Eugene, is that the Catfish Ugly Stick that's white in color? You got a good deal. I've got one of those 8' white Ugly Stick Catfish rods with an old Penn surfcaster spinning reel and it's a hoss.

6. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I have six of them and you got a great deal on them.
    They are some good catfishing rods hold up great and because they'r white good for night fishing.

7. Pennspin

Pennspin New Member

State:
    Alexander City Al.
    Yes, They are the white ones. I've already got a couple myself, well four now!:smile2: I've had good service from them.