Good deal on Penn fishing reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by solomon, Mar 14, 2006.

1. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I just purchased 3 Penn 209's off of Ebay that were advertised as having been used for 2 summers. They look to be in pretty good shape, and must be newer, cause they have the current black looking handle knobs on them. Got em for $91 plus $8 shipping. Sound like a good enough deal? :rolleyes:

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well seeing how a new one sales for about $60.00 here I would say yea you got a good deal.

3. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I was wondering about the HT100 drag I've heard about. Could someone explain this to me, and is it worth fitting the reels with?

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I rund the HT 100 drag washers on all my penns. It is light and strong and alows more drag washers to be put in side the reel and with the carbon fibers it will not swell up on you and cause the reel to lock up or the drag to over heat.

5. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Those will last you the rest of your life and will handle anything that wants to hook into them. That is a great deal being they are the newer reels at somewhere in the neighborhood of 32 dollars a piece. The only that took some time getting used to is the lever instead of button but thats the only complaint so far which really nothing much to complain about! Congrats!!!