Good day

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by littleman, Aug 31, 2008.

1. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I took my kids to my family's farm yesterday. We walked the creek all the way down to where it feeds into the river. The water was really low but there was a few places to fish down by the river. We caught 9 drum 1-12#, a few pumpkinseeds, two gar, and a quillback. We also went swimming and built little boats out of sticks and leaves and raced them down the creek. I love taking my kids down to the creek. Its where I spent most of my childhood, its where my dad and grandma also spent a lot of their time as children. And now my children can spend their days just like their great grandma, grampa, and mom did when we were their age.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tricia thanks for sharing your day with the children. When they are older and look back they will cherrish those trips. Glad you had a great time and caught some fish.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sounds like a good time... it is those experiences that build character in children. They won't forget it either. Keep it up!

4. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    I didn't realize there were gar in IL.At least I've never seen any in my neck of the woods (Chicago suburbs).What part of IL was this at?

5. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    thats what its about taking the kids out and kickin it with them,i take my son ashton fishing all the time,its fun to me.sounds like yall had fun,and it sounds like u r a really good mother,keep having fun with um.

6. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    In clark county, a couple of miles north of the Darwin ferry on the Wabash river.