Good day

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by john barber, Aug 7, 2006.

1. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    me and my daughter walked down to a small creek just down from the house yesterday its a really small creek and i only carryed one little pole it was for her a little zeco 33 she tosed out a small bettle spin a few times a caught a nice size bream then she trew one or two more times and ''bam'' she hooked into a really nice size bowfin probally about 6-7lbs she was haveing the time of a lifetime of caurse it stripped the line right of the little feel and the broke the line but anyway i think thats the most fun i've ever seen her have.:smile2: I think I had more fun watching her than I would fighting a really big cat:lol: :lol::lol:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

yea those bowfin are fun to catch, but not fun to release. I bet she did have a ball. How many times has she asked to go back since then? 20, 30, 150 lol

3. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    it's been all shes talked about since she just when back home whit her mother but shes coming back in two weeks and she wont's to go at night with me and chase some cats down

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not familiar with this type of fish,could someone please enlighten me as to what it is? Thank you,pk powell:smile2:

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
  6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    They are from an ancient family of fish that have been swimming waters for hundreds of thousands of years, even before a lot of the other fish we fish for. They are a blast to catch, especially on light gear. And they keep those pesky bass populations down! :lol:

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey John thats what makes fishing fun...seeing kids smiling and having a good time....congrats on the almost catch LOL...

Hold onto that rod you never know when that big one will hit!!!!!

8. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Great to here of fathers taking their kids fishing, that one fish will be with here forever.