Good day on the Tennessee

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Zing, May 8, 2008.

1. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    MY good friend Roger and I went fishing below the Pickwick dam Wednesday after some eating size cats. It was slow in the morning but it picked up around 2pm. We were able to put 20 nice cats, 2-5 lbs, in the boat. We were using cut skipjack under slip bobbers in 23 ft of water. We anchored about 50-60 yards out from the wall between the current and slack side pitching our rigs right up next to the current. We lost as many as we boated. We had a hard time getting the slack all the way out before setting the hooks. We were using kahles and 2/0 J hooks. If the bobbers came at us we had trouble, if we felt the fish right off the bat then he came in the boat. It was a great time fishing and spending time with a friend. We did catch a huge crappie on skipjack. There were some crappie fisherman fishing up in the corner with some steady action for any crappie fisherman out there.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sounds like a real good time Richard. I'm surprised Pete has left any crappie for anyone though. New boat and all. LOL Great report. I hope you have many more days like this. Thanks for sharing!

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks for the report Richard! Sounds like a great trip! :big_smile:

4. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bryan maybe thats why we only caught one. I saw that new boat one day white bass fishing. I did not know it was him though. Good to here from you, are you going to the Pickwick gathering this fall? If so hope to see you there